Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

They are fully aware of this and are looking at solutions.
They should look at our heartlands
I’d much rather catch a guaranteed scheduled bus to and from south Manchester, where most of our support is from, to the stadium than wrestle with two dangerously overcrowded trams
Etihad direct trams only currently come from rag central

It has outlying planning permission but you can make amendments to it, the stand can look the same from the outside but loads of changes inside, planning permission normally last about 5 years
If the application was submitted with the one for the SS then work has already started so lasts indefinitely

Hence why I don’t think the North stand will mirror the South stand. As I’ve posted, if that happened the Etihad capacity would be under 60,000.

I think the club will present more then 1 option for the North stand expansion to the fans.

You have to factor we lost quite a few seats since the original planning consents, mainly due to the double height advertising boards.

That's where the shortfall and ambiguity is now, City aren't sure what the final numbers will be.

Perhaps some are also fixated on the wording of a home end?

In the three-tier proposal, safe standing would be on bottom tier, middle corporate and the third would all be Blues.

When they talk about an exclusive end for City supporters, we may need to accept that simply means no away supporters, unlike the South Stand.

It should be about accomodating more fans, especially younger ones, with attractive pricing structures, rather than catering for bragging rights and older City fans who just want to move stand for a sing song?

At £100m plus build, the club want to be making that return quickly.

The hotel could be the biggest earner in the immediacy, certainly if we run it with our exclusive hotel partner.

The thousands of City fans who come from the South of the city using the Altrincham tram service, are treated as absolute shit by Metrolink.

The only time things improve slightly is when engineering work on other lines results in us miraculously getting a direct service to the Etihad. Even that does not help on the return journey though.

Will it need a fatality for the idiots at Metrolink to wake up?

You have to factor we lost quite a few seats since the original planning consents, mainly due to the double height advertising boards.

That's where the shortfall and ambiguity is now, City aren't sure what the final numbers will be.

Perhaps some are also fixated on the wording of a home end?

In the three-tier proposal, safe standing would be on bottom tier, middle corporate and the third would all be Blues.

When they talk about an exclusive end for City supporters, we may need to accept that simply means no away supporters, unlike the South Stand.

It should be about accomodating more fans, especially younger ones, with attractive pricing structures, rather than catering for bragging rights and older City fans who just want to move stand for a sing song?

At £100m plus build, the club want to be making that return quickly.

The hotel could be the biggest earner in the immediacy, certainly if we run it with our exclusive hotel partner.

could there also be an element of the club knowing how to expand ie like the south stand? How that got done and now they know exactly any pit falls that entailed then its a better option than trying something like a single tier stand? We can still home a "home end" in a sense if its all city fans and like you say if the pricing is right then we can have our own Kippax end for the future.

7,500 safe standing in proposed/new stand.

We’d comfortably have the most safe standing spaces in the country presuming the safe standing section in the south stand remained as it is.

Also, if we’ve got a 60,083 capacity then I can imagine a ‘sellout’ crowd coming in at around 59,XXX for the most part.

Hence why I don’t think the North stand will mirror the South stand. As I’ve posted, if that happened the Etihad capacity would be under 60,000.

I think the club will present more then 1 option for the North stand expansion to the fans.
With Safe Standing in South Stand Level 1 (and possibly North Stand Level 1) couldn’t 1 of the rows removed for the double advertising boards be reintroduced? Maybe that would cover a 350 capacity shortfall?

I agree it’s more likely that the expanded North Stand won’t mirror the South Stand exactly but maybe 60k could be achieved if the North and South Stands broadly mirrored each other?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.