Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Found the full planning application. Feel free to scroll through it. Tons of info. Link below.

The current Etihad capacity is 53,400.(from the OS) Adding 6,250 seats approved in the original South stand and North stand planning application would take the Etihad stadium capacity to 59,650 seats. 350 seats short of a 60,000 capacity.

The club is ambiguous in it’s wording. WHICH COULD, not, WHICH WILL.

The feasibility studies consider several connected elements, central to which is an expanded North Stand, which could increase capacity of the Etihad Stadium to over 60,000.

If the club sticks with the original South and North stand expansion plans, the capacity of the Etihad will not be over 60,000. (I stand corrected on that)

Another interesting line. Concepts. More than one?

Fans and the local community will be invited to share their priorities and feedback on concepts in early 2023.

From the planning applocation.

Alterations to the Etihad Stadium, including increasing the overall height of the South and North stands and associated elevational alterations, to allow an increase each stand capacity by up to 6,250 seats respectively and up to 2,000 additional pitch side seats creating a total match day capacity of up to 62,170 seats (from 47,670), expansions of concourse facilities, alteration to public realm including changes to car parking layout, landscaping and boundary treatments and associated infrastructure

View attachment 63382

View attachment 63383

Thanks, doubt they would go to the trouble of all that work and not break the 60k capacity barrier ..

Models of the expanded Etihad stadium don’t come much better than this.

More pictures and info via the link

Creating the Etihad Model

This model was commissioned in March 2016 and completed in early February 2018. It took an estimated 2000 man hours to research and build during this period. The client and I had met previously and over the course of this commission become good friends.

In 2015 the Etihad stadium had just been expanded, adding a third level to the south stand, taking the capacity from 47,400 to 55,097. The brief for this commission after much consultation was to look to the future and incorporate the addition of the proposed third level to the north stand as well, taking the capacity to 61,000. So this model would be a glimpse into the stadiums future.

04-EBC479-C1-FE-4-A4-E-BA9-E-3052061-EDFF0.webp

3-A0-A0010-6-DEA-4587-9-F2-B-69-CED7535-F13.jpg

5-CC9-EDA9-5617-494-B-BFB5-3-CECC4-E4-A5-A0.jpg

492-D65-A5-65-B1-46-DB-83-D9-A79-A4-A67-F5-F9.jpg

That would be an awesome subbuteo set !

I don’t think the number of tiers make much difference to the atmosphere, we’ve had some great atmospheres as it’s configured now. The difference to atmosphere will come from having one last well thought out relocation and standing areas. We can just as easily have a home end over 3 tiers as we can 2 tiers.
Getting the pricing right would help as well, even if it does end up being three tiers.

I tend to think it will be three tiers - family stand on tier 1, corporate on tier 2 and then a big third tier - as ostensibly this would fit better with what the club wants to get out of the redevelopment.

Clearly they want a capacity of 60k or more - which could be achieved by 2 or 3 tiers - but you would think that a fair chunk of this increased capacity would be corporate, which would probably be easier to accommodate mirroring the South Stand set-up. The latest set of accounts shows that we still have a way to go on match day revenue so again the corporate offering will need to expand, and presumably an element of this will be tied in with the hotel. I’m not sure how they could incorporate lots of corporate seating into a big second tier, and doing so may just defeat the purpose of having a big second tier in any case as you would expect there to be an impact on the atmosphere.

Having three tiers may also minimise the loss of capacity while the build takes place. This is a complete amateur’s view as I have no connections with the construction industry - so happy to be corrected if I’m wrong - but if the angle/rake of the existing second tier doesn’t allow for it to be simply extended backwards, then I would imagine reconfiguring the whole thing would be costly and disruptive. Again, I’d be interested in hearing a more informed view of this but changing the existing second tier does seem a big job, particularly given how it forms a complete ring across the whole stadium.

They’re using the 2014 planning permission to develop the stand according to todays announcement which would line up with what Tolmie is saying.
It has outlying planning permission but you can make amendments to it, the stand can look the same from the outside but loads of changes inside, planning permission normally last about 5 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.