Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Yeah good points JRB is there room for places like this at Collar site
There’s room probably, but as far as I can make not really any suggestion the owners are planning anything like that. I’d have thought if they had any plans other than a hotel and conference centre mentioned then they would want something unique not to replicate things available in other parts of Manchester.
On the other hand they may think the hotel conference centre and plaza, alongside the arena and stadium is enough on the campus.
I thought at one time there were plans to develop the area between the Etihad and the city centre. Then there is always the Asda site that seems to raise it’s head every so often.

There’s room probably, but as far as I can make not really any suggestion the owners are planning anything like that. I’d have thought if they had any plans other than a hotel and conference centre mentioned then they would want something unique not to replicate things available in other parts of Manchester.
On the other hand they may think the hotel conference centre and plaza, alongside the arena and stadium is enough on the campus.
I thought at one time there were plans to develop the area between the Etihad and the city centre. Then there is always the Asda site that seems to raise it’s head every so often.
Worselyweb before his self imposed hiatus, suggested that the Asda site will become part of the CFA as they need more pitches. That said, Tolmie posted that it will be used as part of the leisure/parking solution so who knows.

The Mercedes site would make a good location for a 2nd Hotel. Can't think of anything else it could be used for if City do buy it?

If it's still the original plan, the Collar site was going to be the location for a world class leisure destination. Therme Manchester certainly is that. It will also create 100's of job.

If it's still the original plan, the Collar site was going to be the location for a world class leisure destination. Therme Manchester certainly is that. It will also create 100's of job.
The original collar site plans you are talking about were from years ago, long before the Arena idea was conceived.

The world class leisure destination IS the
Co Op Arena. The best Arena in Europe pulling in 3m visitors visitors annually to the site, with multiple hospitality options within it open every day.

Best part of 1/2 billion being invested in the biggest venue in Europe, hotel, museum and an amazing covered plaza, yet you are not happy unless they build a giant swimming pool and spa in the East Stand car park !!!!

The original collar site plans you are talking about were from years ago, long before the Arena idea was conceived.

Co Op Arena. The best Arena in Europe pulling in 3m visitors visitors annually to the site, with multiple hospitality options within it open every day.

Best part of 1/2 billion being invested in the biggest venue in Europe, hotel, museum and an amazing covered plaza, yet you are not happy unless they build a giant swimming pool and spa in the East Stand car park !!!!
Don’t forget the log flume

jrb said:

The Co Op Arena is not the world class attraction we were expecting for the Collar site. It's a great addition to the adjoining piece of land, but it is an evening destination attraction. Currently with approx. 19 day time matches at the Etihad plus evening games, 120-180 evening events at the Co Op Arena, there are 345 days per year with nothing going on during the peak day time hours at the site. The Collar site still needs a major day time attraction to pull in the visitors to attract the Hotels, restaurants etc.

Correct.

I still think there will be something of UK and international significance on the Collar site. The COOP Live Arena will complement it.

Site improvement works comprising site investigation and remediation activity in respect of historic coal mining activity, including trial piling and grouting of coal seams, demolition of the club shop, service and drainage diversions and associated temporary works to maintain safe access around the stadium
Open for comment icon

Etihad Stadium Ashton New Road Manchester M11 3FF
Ref. No: 135764/FO/2022 | Validated: Thu 15 Dec 2022 | Status: Awaiting decision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.