Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Only in a trifle, sherry is for old farts & Father Christmas.You don’t think it’s possible or that the club have even considered it? or that the concept may form part of a NS extension? Bet you dismissed the notion of the tunnel club or the potential of a sky bar in the NS as poppycock
Lots of sherry

Yeah I can’t see them doing anything to the stadium externally until every stand has been expanded. With the south stand corners being “temporary”, they’ve obviously got expansions in mind for the East and Colin Bell stands.why

There’s advertising on the roof now.

They can’t build a retractable roof on our stadium though without completely taking down the current one and building brand new giant supports for it.

Madrid have done it through playing at their training ground for a year during Covid and not having to worry about the weather we get here.
Sorry tongue in cheek there. Anything is possible with our owners. Let's see how things unfold.

If the Etihad Campus/Collar Site ends up anything like Wembley Park, I will jump off the top of the Etihad stadium.

Wembley Park is absolutely dreadful. The architecture, the various mish-mash buildings, the bland and boring high street food, drink and leisure chain offering, etc. It’s a perfect example of how to f*ck up a once in a lifetime blank canvas around the an equally dreadful Wembley stadium. Throw as much sh*t up as you can, and as quickly as hou can.

The best aerial Picture I could find that shows Wembley Park in all of it’s dreadful glory.

View attachment 63606
It will never happen in east manchester mate.

The pub is in the south stand. They built a mini stand in the corner for the attendees. Made me wonder if it will make putting big screens up a bit more awkward.
They were meant to be putting another floor on the Ardwick during the WC. Not sure if it happened.

It will never happen in east manchester mate.

They said the same about Trafford Park. Now Trafford City.

Admittedly the Trafford Centre is the catalyst, but Peel have added a fantastic mixture of leisure destinations to Trafford City to cater for all the family.

Chill Factor E, iFly, Dino Falls Adventure Golf, Trafford Golf Centre, Legoland, David LIoyd Health Club, Play Factor E, Sea Life - Manchester, Trafford Tree Top Adventures, Therme Manchester (to come), Modern Surf (to come), Walljam (to come).

If the Etihad Campus/Collar Site ends up anything like Wembley Park, I will jump off the top of the Etihad stadium.

Wembley Park is absolutely dreadful. The architecture, the various mish-mash buildings, the bland and boring high street food, drink and leisure chain offering, etc. It’s a perfect example of how to f*ck up a once in a lifetime blank canvas around the an equally dreadful Wembley stadium. Throw as much sh*t up as you can, and as quickly as you can.

The best aerial Picture I could find that shows Wembley Park in all of it’s dreadful glory.

View attachment 63606
Is Wembley not much bigger? to create a 365 destination you need to take things that work elsewhere. The things I would take from Wembley may be different to everyone else, its about creating a destination that suits everyone

Things I would take from Wembley are

1. Boxpark, this could be used as either a COOP live mini for upcoming Manchester bands or an away fan zone, it also could house upcoming street food stalls that could eventually move into the City Centre of Manchester "Made In Manchester" kinda vibe
2. Pink multi-storey car park for buses and cars
3. Cinema and designer outlet as Manchester does have a designer outlet
4. Hotel and apartments

As a club, they want to make it a 365 destination so out-of-the-box thinking is needed, as they did with the training ground they would have looked everywhere for ideas, as with the training ground they most properly bought up bits of land surrounding the stadium as well

They said the same about Trafford Park. Now Trafford City.

Admittedly the Trafford Centre is the catalyst, but Peel have added a fantastic mixture of leisure destinations to Trafford City to cater for all the family.

Chill Factor E, iFly, Dino Falls Adventure Golf, Trafford Golf Centre, Legoland, David LIoyd Health Club, Play Factor E, Sea Life - Manchester, Trafford Tree Top Adventures, Therme Manchester (to come), Modern Surf (to come), Walljam (to come).
Yeah good points JRB is there room for places like this at Collar site

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.