Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

What did you have in mind?
The site isn't big enough for a theme park with large roller coasters, but if you were to take the virtual rides (or similar) from all the big theme resorts and combine them as one in a large covered park, you would have a unique destination appealing to all age groups. For example, the Star Wars virtual ride at Disney, the Simpsons virtual ride at Universal. 20 of these types of rides would comfortably fit into the Collar site. Plenty space left to then build the Hotels, pubs, cinemas, restaurants around it.

I didnt even realise the club shop is franchised out....Receipt says the firm is a subsidiary of Puma.
stichd.com
Before the takeover, it was owned by the directors, who wanted their cash out. Our firm ended up bringing a buyer and sorting the finance out on a sale & leaseback.
As soon as the takeover happened, the first thing the club did was negotiate a buyback. Our client did pretty well out of the deal, as did we.
I ended up with 2 tickets for the Europa Cup Final on the back of that deal and knew Alastair MacIntosh’ PA pretty well.

Here are a couple of stadiums done by Populous recently all in the USA, every single one of them features a home end with safe standing.

Populous have also done work on Spurs' new stadium and they designed the new AC Milan and Inter Milan Cathedral Stadium

The plans for the Milan stadium look phenomenal, although you would have to doubt whether they will ever come to fruition.

Maybe if the Super League had gone ahead, but it’s questionable now. However they do show how much work would need to be done to the exterior of our stadium if it is to approach anything close to being best in class. Granted, the plans for Milan are always going to be more ambitious given the mixed nature of the project, but I’m sure this point isn’t lost on our owners.

The plans for the Milan stadium look phenomenal, although you would have to doubt whether they will ever come to fruition.

Maybe if the Super League had gone ahead, but it’s questionable now. However they do show how much work would need to be done to the exterior of our stadium if it is to approach anything close to being best in class. Granted, the plans for Milan are always going to be more ambitious given the mixed nature of the project, but I’m sure this point isn’t lost on our owners.

I didn’t think the Milan stadium plan looked anything special at all. A bit of a quiet design if anything so to speak.

There’s a load of Mickeys working on it at the minute testing the foundation’s they said it’s going to be great laaaa when they’ve finish it.

I didn’t think the Milan stadium plan looked anything special at all. A bit of a quiet design if anything so to speak.
I’m certainly no architect so I can’t comment on its merits, but I do quite like the simplicity of the design as I think something like this would probably age better than a busier design or something striving to be more modern. But that’s just me, as I do tend to like simpler aesthetics.

However I was referring more to the overall scale of the plans for the stadium and the surrounding area. I’ve been a couple of times to area and it’s always struck me as a bit of a mish-mash and a bit soulless, quite strange actually - neither central nor out of town, neither really rough nor upmarket. Quite open and quiet with the racecourse nearby as well but no obvious development taking place. So the scale of the plans is quite surprising, but I can understand why they would want to try to do something with the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.