Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

We have had some great atmosphere's but the average game still suffers from the fact our singers are separated and unable to hear each other. Getting a load together under one roof where it carried and got others involved would undoubtedly improve things. But I struggle to see people moving again to yet another proposed singing section.
I agree with that, and it will need people to relocate. My argument is that is the case whether it's a 3 tier or a 2 tier. If it's thought out and people are receptive to moving, a better atmosphere can be created with both.
Isn't the biggest issue, where away fans go that the police will agree to, and where the family stand goes.

I agree with that, and it will need people to relocate. My argument is that is the case whether it's a 3 tier or a 2 tier. If it's thought out and people are receptive to moving, a better atmosphere can be created with both.
Isn't the biggest issue, where away fans go that the police will agree to, and where the family stand goes.

The away fans can’t be moved. The away coach park is there. And a % of away fans have to be pitch side. PL rules to improve the atmosphere at grounds.

I would relocate to a large 2nd tier. I won’t relocate to level 1. And that’s if the club are prepared to relocate the Family stand?

Last edited:
The away fans can’t be moved. The away coach park is there. And a % of away fans have to be pitch side. PL rules to improve the atmosphere at grounds.

I would relocate to a large 2nd tier. I won’t relocate to level 1. And that’s if the club is prepared to relocate the Family stand?
No away fans are near the pitch at Newcastle?

The club where/are adamant they want to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad by creating a proper home end.

Replicating the South Stand, 3 tiers at the North Stand, isn't going to do that. All that will do is add an additional 6000 seats to a 3rd tier.

If that's the case there won't be any cheaper season tickets or match tickets either, which supporters of a proper home end want.

And the Family Stand will probably remain on level 1, as it won't be moved to level 2, and certainly won't be moved to the new level 3.

If they replicate the SSL3 most of the season tickets are between 430 and 350 (bar the first few rows) some of the cheapest in the league.

I get the want and desire for a home end but you'd basically have to turf *everyone* out of their current seats in the North Stand to achieve it.

whats more likely is more of the Colin Bell and East Stand is given up to corporates and people who sit there are offered priority to move to the NSL3 at first then any seats vacated by people wanting to move to cheaper seats in NSL3

I would relocate to a large 2nd tier. I won’t relocate to level 1. And that’s if the club is prepared to relocate the Family stand?
Could the away fans be put around he corner into the end of the East stand ? I realise it would be a problem with the East stand level 2 Premium seat blocks.
If the North stand became a home end though then the away fans would be at the opposite end either way. Not that I think it matters too much not having the home end next to the away fans, though I know some fans like to be next to the away fans.

The roof means that the noise doesn't spread as well. Case in point was the Chelsea league cup game. SSL1 thought they made a racket and Chelsea didn't sing. Elsewhere in the ground they could only hear Chelsea's one song. The roof blocks noise from between the levels and it's all disjointed. Having an extended second tier means a hell of a lot of people under one roof which is always the best for acoustics. I just think the time has gone for that, they can't and wont shift people now. It will cause an uproar. People want an improved atmosphere but wont move for it. The away fans just can't move now. They have to have some pitchside seats and there isn't the same ability to segregate in the East Stand where they should have been located in the first place. I think we're stuck with what we've got.

I'd say a hell of a lot more people would be upset by a two tier stand and relocation than by a third tier that mirrors the south stand and attracts new fans so I'd imagine that's what we'll get - but I'll be in the minority that is pretty disappointed about that.

If they replicate the SSL3 most of the season tickets are between 430 and 350 (bar the first few rows) some of the cheapest in the league.

I get the want and desire for a home end but you'd basically have to turf *everyone* out of their current seats in the North Stand to achieve it.

whats more likely is more of the Colin Bell and East Stand is given up to corporates and people who sit there are offered priority to move to the NSL3 at first then any seats vacated by people wanting to move to cheaper seats in NSL3

You’ve hit the nail on the head. This thread keeps going round in circles with some thinking a big second tier makes a huge difference to a slightly smaller third tier.

Any new stand - be it a third tier or bigger second tier will be mainly populated by new fans and 2 tier E&W relocators due to corporate going into their current seats.

The idea that thousands of ‘singers’ are gonna relocate away from seats they’ve been in since the day the stadium opened, to an inferior seat in a second tier or 3rd tier seat is complete fantasy.

All @Silva61 would be great if some lump from Leeds gets home from work and sees his kid rabbiting on about what a great day it was, with a bag of gear. Wants to go with his mate to see a game and all the entertainment that goes with it. Down at the entetainment complex. He sits there fuming as she takes the kid and pals off to the match and day out. x 1000s. Job done!!
Glad to hear your sold on the idea, just wish more on here had a few ideas, forget about the current proposals that's done and dusted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.