Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Your wasted in hospitality
All @Silva61 would be great if some lump from Leeds gets home from work and sees his kid rabbiting on about what a great day it was, with a bag of gear. Wants to go with his mate to see a game and all the entertainment that goes with it. Down at the entetainment complex. He sits there fuming as she takes the kid and pals off to the match and day out. x 1000s. Job done!!

The only thing I’ve seen written on here from those who know, is that the expansion will be a 3 tiered stand. Almost nothing about 2 tiers since the development was given the green light again.

It did seem like 2 tiers was definitely the plan at some point since the survey in 2018 had a 2 tier visual and fans were shown a 2 tiered design at fan view events as well.

Perhaps feedback about people not wanting to move forced them to reconsider?

It seems that way, although I'd question if anyone is actually in the know. All seems very confidential still and people have broad ideas but a lot seems to come from other contacts who haven't seen the full proposals. The survey definitely proposed an extended second tier but based on general comments on here, few seem to want to move so the club may have abandoned that plan, or construction timings/logistics have meant it isn't feasible. It would be brilliant if they did proceed with a two tier proposal though.

The club where/are adamant they want to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad by creating a proper home end.

Replicating the South Stand, 3 tiers at the North Stand, isn't going to do that. All that will do is add an additional 6000 seats to a 3rd tier.

If that's the case there won't be any cheaper season tickets or match tickets either, which supporters of a proper home end want.

And the Family Stand will probably remain on level 1, as it won't be moved to level 2, and certainly won't be moved to the new level 3.

The club where/are adamant they want to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad by creating a proper home end.

Replicating the South Stand, 3 tiers at the North Stand, isn't going to do that. All that will do is add an additional 6000 seats to a 3rd tier.

If that's the case there won't be any cheaper season tickets or match tickets either, which supporters of a proper home end want.

And the Family Stand will probably remain on level 1, as it won't be moved to level 2, and certainly won't be moved to the new level 3.
Don't agree at all. there are many ways to improve the atmosphere, most of which would involve a major bit of relocations, and a little thought, whether thats over 3 tiers or 2 I think has little to do with it.
We have had some great atmospheres at the Etihad with it configured as it is now.

Don't agree at all. there are many ways to improve the atmosphere, most of which would involve a major bit of relocations, and a little thought, whether thats over 3 tiers or 2 I think has little to do with it.
We have had some great atmospheres at the Etihad with it configured as it is now.

Perhaps I’m being a bit negative atm? I’m trying to be positive. :-) But the expectation of a 3 tiered North Stand, not officially confirmed yet, but the rumour has grown, is very disappointing in my opinion.

I honestly can‘t see a 3 tiered expanded North Stand being any different to the South stand atmosphere wise, bar looking the same(?) and making the ground more symmetrical looking. It will add little or nothing to improving the atmosphere at the Etihad.

I’m still clinging on to the hope that we will get a 2 tiered North Stand with a much larger 2nd tier capable of holding up to 10,000 fans.

We have had some great atmosphere's but the average game still suffers from the fact our singers are separated and unable to hear each other. Getting a load together under one roof where it carried and got others involved would undoubtedly improve things. But I struggle to see people moving again to yet another proposed singing section.

1671534837262.png
This would be the perfect set up, the North Stand becoming the new home end with a safe standing at all along tier 1 and with the tier 2 being expanded with no coporate boxes. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have done this so why not City.

You could easily relocate the 1894 into the tier 1 of the new North Stand, the club could easily sort this out as well by asking the fans or setting up a union of supporters clubs who want to be in tier 1 of the stand. Tier 2 of the expanded North Stand could be full of fans who want to be in home end but not in the 1894 section and have the cheapest tickets in the ground. The family stand section could be relocated to another part of the ground, this is the part that on the television also looks empty so the empty jokes start.

Most people know that home end works , look at Spurs-South Stand,Liverpool-The Kop,Dortmund-Yellow Wall,Gallowgate End-Newcastle.

Look what is written about Spurs new South Stand

"The Kop and the Yellow Wall are as famous for their history as they are for what they look like, but the same can’t be said of the South Stand at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. It only opened in 2019, but it immediately made its way on to our list on account of the fact that it is the largest single-tier stand in English football. Boasting a 34 degree angle, it has room for 17,500 Spurs fans to take their seat and watch their team.

Given the entire stadium cost £1 billion to build, it’s only right that the home of the most vociferous Tottenham supporters has something special about it. The ground itself was designed like concert hall, meaning that acoustics were well-considered in order to offer a strong atmosphere. The stands are located close to the pitch in order to increase their ability to create a ‘wall of sound’, with design allowing it to reverberate around the stadium.

The ground’s bowl design means that it doesn’t necessary appear as if there are distinct stands at first glance. The South Stand is definitely stand out, however, with the home supporters taking up all the seats after accessing it from the south atrium. Its design has been influenced by that of the Yellow Wall at the Westfalenstadion, with the aim being to make it into the ‘heartbeat’ of the stadium that can create a great match day atmosphere.

The reality is that the story of Tottenham’s South Stand is yet to be written. Stands earn their place in the record books when they witness success, which is why both the Kop and the Yellow Wall are so well-loved. For Spurs fans to truly claim that the South Stand deserves to be spoken of alongside other famous stand in football they’ll need to roar the club on to league or cup success in a meaningful manner at some point in the future."

As club on social media we get attacked about our staduim so why dont we prove these people and fans from other clubs wrong and create a legend of new North Stand , we have had the Kippax before we can have it again!!!!!!

@jrb is right when he says mirroring the current South Stand will not work, does it work at Arsenal !!!! where they had a oppertunity to replace the North Bank and just build a bowl staduim that is not close to the pitch.

Spurs done it right and did there homework , City need to do the same

To help create a better atmophere at the ground we need to think outside the box and have a home end we need to use the PA system to help create an atmophere.As a club we need to look at what works elsewhere and copy that but in Manchster City way, we have these huge advertising boards why cant we use them to help , they do it in the NFL with slogans ect we have to look what happening in Europe as well. Look at the World Cup the team that won it was massively helped by there support , most of there games where like homes games because of the amount of support.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.