Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It doesn't have to be 1000's of fans. It just needs to be 100's of fans in one or two blocks. Which 115 should have been, but hasn't turned out like that.

No offence. You can't predict there won't be interest and enough people relocating. Until the plans are revealed by the club, including a possible and proper singing section, anything is still possible. Fan groups are working with, and are still in dialogue with the club about improving the atmosphere at the Etihad in the future.

I'm surprised the fan groups haven't been more involved - you'd expect them to have some knowledge of what is coming if they'd been properly involved in the process. You can talk for years about tweaking small things here and there to try and improve atmosphere, but the best way to do it would be to get people in an expanded 2nd tier of the NS. No one seems to know definitively what the stand will look like, but you'd imagine if the club were really trying to address atmosphere and not just get more people and money in, we'd know it was 2 tiers by now?

that's... not the same thing

Yes it is. It's irrelevant to this topic as City will not be putting forward plans that should be deemed as controversial. But in apartment schemes you try to make as much money as possible and push the boundaries knowing it will probably be dialled back to something less profitable, but that still makes money. If it isn't making money it isn't getting built.

So how do they do it at the Kop, South Stand -Spurs, seems like a mess, these grounds have a home end

@supercity88 has it spot on

"The roof means that the noise doesn't spread as well. A case in point was the Chelsea league cup game. SSL1 thought they made a racket and Chelsea didn't sing. Elsewhere in the ground, they could only hear Chelsea's one song. The roof blocks noise from between the levels and it's all disjointed. Having an extended second tier means a hell of a lot of people under one roof which is always the best for acoustics. I just think the time has gone for that, they can't and won't shift people now. It will cause an uproar. People want an improved atmosphere but won't move for it. The away fans just can't move now. They have to have some pitchside seats and there isn't the same ability to segregate in the East Stand where they should have been located in the first place. I think we're stuck with what we've got."

This needs to be sorted out by the club, they basically shooting themself in the foot regarding the atmosphere.

So how do they do it at the Kop, South Stand -Spurs, seems like a mess, these grounds have a home end

@supercity88 has it spot on

"The roof means that the noise doesn't spread as well. A case in point was the Chelsea league cup game. SSL1 thought they made a racket and Chelsea didn't sing. Elsewhere in the ground, they could only hear Chelsea's one song. The roof blocks noise from between the levels and it's all disjointed. Having an extended second tier means a hell of a lot of people under one roof which is always the best for acoustics. I just think the time has gone for that, they can't and won't shift people now. It will cause an uproar. People want an improved atmosphere but won't move for it. The away fans just can't move now. They have to have some pitchside seats and there isn't the same ability to segregate in the East Stand where they should have been located in the first place. I think we're stuck with what we've got."

This needs to be sorted out by the club, they basically shooting themself in the foot regarding the atmosphere.
Well the away fans are pretty much stuck were they are little the club can do about that. If people don’t want to relocate than they won’t. The club can force it, and personally I don’t mind that and think they should bite the bullet, however the uproar that bring may make the club reluctant do that on-a large scale and I get that.
Saying the club should sort it is easy but some fans are very attached to their seats and quite vocal when moved.

Well the away fans are pretty much stuck were they are little the club can do about that. If people don’t want to relocate than they won’t. The club can force it, and personally I don’t mind that and think they should bite the bullet, however the uproar that bring may make the club reluctant do that on-a large scale and I get that.
Saying the club should sort it is easy but some fans are very attached to their seats and quite vocal when moved.

All fans get attached to their seats. But that hasn't stopped the club once from moving fans around the ground with or without a short-term incentive. The same thing may happen with the North stand expansion?

All fans get attached to their seats. But that hasn't stopped the club once from moving fans around the ground with or without a short-term incentive. The same thing may happen with the North stand expansion?
Yes, but personally I would move all the South stand 1st tier and the East stand 1st tier singing blocks to the North Stand 1st tier safe standing,offer all the seats in the extended 3rd tier if thats what it is to new s/c holders first and reserve some blocks or parts of blocks for matchday sales only so groups of fans can decide to attend and sit together.
Move the family stand to the South stand, problem with that is families next to away fans might not work, or to East stand lower tier. That though would require a relocation of some in The East stand.
Thats just my opinion , but it sounds like a lot of upheaval, not sure what ideas others have assuming it’s a 3 tier we get.

It doesn't have to be 1000's of fans. It just needs to be 100's of fans in one or two blocks. Which 115 should have been, but hasn't turned out like that.

No offence. You can't predict there won't be interest and enough people relocating. Until the plans are revealed by the club, including a possible and proper singing section, anything is still possible. Fan groups are working with, and are still in dialogue with the club about improving the atmosphere at the Etihad in the future.
If it’s only a few hundred then they can relocate to the new third tier with thousands of extra seats available around them.

They will be surrounded by tourists, season tickets waiting list fans, new fans and other relocaters preferring cheaper tickets ( which is exactly the same as it would be if it was a bigger second tier )

Not sure why an extra 2000 seats in a bigger 2nd tier would make difference to atmosphere when the fans in there will be the same - majority being non singers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.