Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If it’s only a few hundred then they can relocate to the new third tier with thousands of extra seats available around them.

They will be surrounded by tourists, season tickets waiting list fans, new fans and other relocaters preferring cheaper tickets ( which is exactly the same as it would be if it was a bigger second tier )

Not sure why an extra 2000 seats in a bigger 2nd tier would make difference to atmosphere when the fans in there will be the same - majority being non singers.

We don’t know how City plan to market, sell and fill those new seats. Who will get them first, and why they will get them first.

I keep on repeating it. All I know is the club are very eager to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad. How the club think they can do that is anyones guess. That will become clearer when the club finally makes the plans for the North stand expansion and everything that involves public.

Last edited:
No one is saying you can’t. You’re being told why it likely won’t happen and are ignoring it.
I'll keep an open mind. The bottom line is our owners have got imagination and it is in there interest to make the Etihad campus a prime destination. It will be difficult to achieve something on the scale of Wembley and Stratford. They have the partners to make a success of it. Look at examples of how they have done this elsewhere.

Without wading into the debate - which has been well discussed in this thread about the format of a new north stand - I guess the clubs has a range of issues to contemplate and address.

They will want a positive iconic design - for the stadium overall - although we may have to wait for the E and W stands to see that.

They are planning a hotel - so how do they position that for Football and the Arena - and does that include a new corporate football offering?

They need to market and sell 6,000 more tickets for every game - this is not just about moving people

They want to improve the stadium atmosphere

They will want to make a return on their substantial investment.

I’ve no idea what the final design will look like but our owners have a positive track record - so I’m incredibly optimistic that they will deliver something we are generally happy with.

Without wading into the debate - which has been well discussed in this thread about the format of a new north stand - I guess the clubs has a range of issues to contemplate and address.

They will want a positive iconic design - for the stadium overall - although we may have to wait for the E and W stands to see that.

They are planning a hotel - so how do they position that for Football and the Arena - and does that include a new corporate football offering?

They need to market and sell 6,000 more tickets for every game - this is not just about moving people

They want to improve the stadium atmosphere

They will want to make a return on their substantial investment.

I’ve no idea what the final design will look like but our owners have a positive track record - so I’m incredibly optimistic that they will deliver something we are generally happy with.

I wonder if they'll try and secure planning for the East and West stands as part of this application, or will park that for another day. They had a few sketches of what that could look like in the Design and Access Statement for the extant application, so hoping we at least get some updates on those to look at. Probably more than a decade off getting to that stage though. There were lots of ideas for external treatments as well - curtain glazing/lighting/decoration etc which it would be interesting to see. With the campus plans coming forwards, they've probably thought about the long term strategy and logistics of expanding the side stands already.

I thought you said a % of away fans had to be pitch side .

United and Newcastle are the only 2 PL clubs who have special dispensation.

Every other PL club including City have fans pitchside.

United’s is because of the disabled section, which has been enlarged, and is next to and under the away fans. Otherwise the away fans would be pitchside.

1671613407843.jpeg

As for Newcastle, I haven’t got a clue. Probably something to do with access issues and segregation issues, as it’s a beast of a stand. Away fans top right corner.

7-F5332-B1-FFE9-43-D5-9-CA8-DC0-AD7-C02350.jpg

Nothing is set in stone yet, but here are some tidbits...

- No chance of a 1 tier stand (financially).
- NSL2 could be deconstructed if it's a two-tier stand.
- New City square is going to be undercover, between the two buildings (one of which is a hotel).
- It's likely we'll see a new corporate area elsewhere in the stadium.
- Collar site will remain untouched - for now.

The new leadership seems pretty on the ball. If you want your say, get down to the fan consultations.

Last edited:
Nothing is set in stone yet, but here are some tidbits...

- No chance of a 1 tier stand (financially).
- SSL2 could be deconstructed if it's a two-tier stand.
- New City square is going to be undercover, between the two buildings (one of which is a hotel).
- It's likely we'll see a new corporate area elsewhere in the stadium.
- Collar site will remain untouched - for now.

The new leadership seems pretty on the ball. If you want your say, get down to the fan consultations.

Thanks.

SSL2 could be deconstructed if it's a two-tier stand.

?

NSL2

We don’t know how City plan to market, sell and fill those new seats. Who will get them first, and why they will get them first.

I keep on repeating it. All I know is the club are very eager to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad. How the club think they can do that is anyones guess. That will become clearer when the club finally makes the plans for the North stand expansion and everything that involves public.
When you say "the club", who is "the club" @jrb?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.