Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Might explain why so few season tickets went on sale this season, if there’s gonna be a mass relocation of level 2. Given the demand and minimal release this season, I reckon we’d easily break the 50’000 ST barrier if legislation allows for that percentage when up & running. But if we’re gonna rip out level 2 I don’t get why we wouldn’t consider 1 tier, surely the financials can’t be that different? Aside from that why can’t we put some temporary LED advertising (tongue in cheek) on level 2 when the works are ongoing to cover lost revenue on the seats, we have form
Another consideration is what will happen when/if the roofs of E & W Stands need replacing and also if the club intend to just put new roofs on or to expand those stands (if possible) at the same time. The supporters in the top levels will need moving out while they are done. So it could be NS is expanded, then CBL3 supporters move into there while CBL3 roof is done, then EL3 do the same when CBL3 roof is completed, before there is actually much of an increase in capacity & season ticket availability. Interesting problem to have for the club.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but here are some tidbits...

- No chance of a 1 tier stand (financially).
- NSL2 could be deconstructed if it's a two-tier stand.
- New City square is going to be undercover, between the two buildings (one of which is a hotel).
- It's likely we'll see a new corporate area elsewhere in the stadium.
- Collar site will remain untouched - for now.

The new leadership seems pretty on the ball. If you want your say, get down to the fan consultations.

Hope rekindled here.

The @jrb dream isn’t dead yet.

United and Newcastle are the only 2 PL clubs who have special dispensation.

Every other PL club including City have fans pitchside.

United’s is because of the disabled section, which has been enlarged, and is next to and under the away fans. Otherwise the away fans would be pitchside.

View attachment 64067

As for Newcastle, I haven’t got a clue. Probably something to do with access issues and segregation issues, as it’s a beast of a stand. Away fans top right corner.

7-F5332-B1-FFE9-43-D5-9-CA8-DC0-AD7-C02350.jpg
Newcastle‘s dispensation is due to access and segregation but it’s bollox they could manage but i don’t know how they got away with it

They think 1 in 20 concert goers will walk home down the canal path? In their Sunday best and high heels? Doesn't seem right.

Mindboggling that they think everyone is just going to do away with cars.

The council should be arranging deals with all the local businesses for event day parking, rather than the free for all now.

Rather than an extended parking exclusion zone, charge £5 for on street parking match and event days, use the money to improve local facilities for residents.

A parent with young kids and their mates at a concert isn't jumping a bus or walking into town at 1030pm, then connect on to Burnley or wherever.

It's Sadiq Khan style war on cars but with a 100th of the public transport infrastructure

I'll keep an open mind. The bottom line is our owners have got imagination and it is in there interest to make the Etihad campus a prime destination. It will be difficult to achieve something on the scale of Wembley and Stratford. They have the partners to make a success of it. Look at examples of how they have done this elsewhere.
Please tell me you still ain’t talking about a retractable roof !!! There is more chance of log flume.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but here are some tidbits...

- No chance of a 1 tier stand (financially).
- NSL2 could be deconstructed if it's a two-tier stand.
- New City square is going to be undercover, between the two buildings (one of which is a hotel).
- It's likely we'll see a new corporate area elsewhere in the stadium.
- Collar site will remain untouched - for now.

The new leadership seems pretty on the ball. If you want your say, get down to the fan consultations.
"The two buildings" as in the new stand and hotel ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.