Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

So the actual stand and roof pretty much stay the same, but are extended higher and further back, like the South stand, and the two buildings, the souvenir shop/museum and the hotel are incorporated seamlessly into the sides of the stand, fan outwards, and in-between those two buildings will be a linked and covered City Square?

The actual stand will be very similar (if not exactly the same) in footprint/height etc to the South Stand. Sounds like the externals of the stand will be where the difference is with these other buildings joined up to it on either side so it looks like a seamless structure and thus creating a much bigger structure overall.

I wonder if they’ll keep the dark grey look? Might not look too nice if there’s buildings coming out of the stand and into City Square. Maybe a chance to begin the creation of a new look for the stadium…

Last edited:
The actual stand will be very similar (if not exactly the same) in footprint/height etc to the South Stand. Sounds like the externals of the stand will be where the difference is with these other buildings joined up to it on either side so it looks like a seamless structure.

I wonder if they’ll keep the dark grey look? Might not look too nice if there’s buildings coming out of the stand and into City Square. Maybe a chance to begin the creation of a new look for the stadium…

I hope the City Square Plaza has a glazed roof that connects to both buildings. That would be great in the Summer and Spring months letting plenty of light into the covered City Square Plaza. There are plenty of examples around the world.

Cabot Circus in Bristol is a good example.

1671624873165.png

The footprint of an expanded level 2 or additional level 3 would be the same due to the cable net restrictions. The top of the tier needs to finish up at the same point in both instances to allow the net to feed through between the tier and the roof.
Unless City are going to surprise everybody and replace the roof on N, E & W while extending the E & W upper tiers back?

What can I say, I want them to do this lot before I'm in my grave :)

So the actual stand and roof pretty much stay the same, but are extended higher and further back, like the South stand, and the two buildings, the souvenir shop/museum and the hotel are incorporated seamlessly into the sides of the stand, fan outwards, and in-between those two buildings will be a linked and covered City Square?
Yeah……so from the sky it looks like a cock & 2 balls

I hope the City Square Plaza has a glazed roof that connects to both buildings. That would be great in the Summer and Spring months letting plenty of light into the covered City Square Plaza. There are plenty of examples around the world.

Cabot Circus in Bristol is a good example.

View attachment 64085

Maybe it will be like my shitty notepad doodle and then have a roof over City Square (Plaza) in the style of your picture?

A2ADE867-BCA9-416C-8A5E-3D0452F5324B.jpeg

The hotel could have a restaurant on the ground floor and be used by fans on match days, with both the hotel and shop/museum having great views of the plaza.

The actual stand will be very similar (if not exactly the same) in footprint/height etc to the South Stand. Sounds like the externals of the stand will be where the difference is with these other buildings joined up to it on either side so it looks like a seamless structure and thus creating a much bigger structure overall.

So there won't be a direct route round the outside of the stadium as there is now or will they maintain a walkway underneath the linked buildings and north stand?

So there won't be a direct route round the outside of the stadium as there is now or will they maintain a walkway underneath the linked buildings and north stand?

Good point. Sounds like with these new structures there won’t be as much room around that area as there is now. Perhaps like you say each building wing could have a walkway in the middle to ease foot flow and let fans pass directly though without having to walk around.

Maybe it will be like my shitty notepad doodle and then have a roof over City Square (Plaza) in the style of your picture?

View attachment 64087

The hotel could have a restaurant on the ground floor and be used by fans on match days, with both the hotel and shop/museum having great views of the plaza.

Similar to yours, but just as bad. :-)

But why would the club be doing soil testing on the Collar site as shown in my picture, which I recently posted, if the hotel, Museum and souvenir shop are to be incorporated into the North stand and the ground?

2AC65852-986B-49D4-B2AE-05B2B9430971.jpeg

Similar to yours, but just as bad. :-)

But why would the club be doing soil testing on the Collar site as shown in my picture, if the hotel, Museum and souvenir shop are to be incorporated into the North stand and the ground.

View attachment 64090

Hmmm.

Offices?
2 hotels?
The NS wings are just for a restaurant, shop and museum and not the hotel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.