Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Maybe it will be like my shitty notepad doodle and then have a roof over City Square (Plaza) in the style of your picture?

View attachment 64087

The hotel could have a restaurant on the ground floor and be used by fans on match days, with both the hotel and shop/museum having great views of the plaza.
Looks great, maybe not in red though :)

Hmmm.

Offices?
2 hotels?
The NS wings are just for a restaurant, shop and museum and not the hotel?

You have the hotel attached to the ground/North stand in your plan?

Posted earlier on by…..

I'm sure somebody posted the hotel and the conference centre are joined to the extended stand and come out from it as 2 wings with the covered plaza in beteween, rather than being built into the stand.

Thought the rumours were 1 hotel and another hotel afterwards, not 2 hotels at once?

Last edited:
Mindboggling that they think everyone is just going to do away with cars.

The council should be arranging deals with all the local businesses for event day parking, rather than the free for all now.

Rather than an extended parking exclusion zone, charge £5 for on street parking match and event days, use the money to improve local facilities for residents.

A parent with young kids and their mates at a concert isn't jumping a bus or walking into town at 1030pm, then connect on to Burnley or wherever.

It's Sadiq Khan style war on cars but with a 100th of the public transport infrastructure
Having read this new stuff I am just shaking my head.
Mad.

I hope the City Square Plaza has a glazed roof that connects to both buildings. That would be great in the Summer and Spring months letting plenty of light into the covered City Square Plaza. There are plenty of examples around the world.

Cabot Circus in Bristol is a good example.

View attachment 64085

I'm struggling to see (based on your mock up) how it could all work to be honest. You need to allow for the flow of people around the ground and to/from the tram stop. But with the cable net system, it seems to limit where things could go unless it was all covered and the cables punctured through at different points. The squash centre limits the space to manouevre on the western side.

I'm struggling to see (based on your mock up) how it could all work to be honest. You need to allow for the flow of people around the ground and to/from the tram stop. But with the cable net system, it seems to limit where things could go unless it was all covered and the cables punctured through at different points. The squash centre limits the space to manouevre on the western side.

Perhaps the ‘wings’ will be like this and they’ll have walkways so people can pass through?

Yellow - Expansion
Blue - City Square (under a roof which goes from one wing to the other)

9CBB0629-C7D9-40EA-B45D-22E66B26A4E8.jpeg

Perhaps the ‘wings’ will be like this and they’ll have walkways so people can pass through?

Yellow - Expansion
Blue - City Square (under a roof which goes from one wing to the other)

View attachment 64096
If you designed it right, that is probably the optimum way of doing it. You'd have to use a completely different set of materials so that the stadium was viewed as a bowl still and the hotel etc felt like a separate structure. I'm not sure whether that's something you could achieve, and I wonder if the Council would accept the aesthetics of the stadium changing so much. Like I said initially though, I don't see how you could follow the curvature and extend outwards with the cablenet. It would have to pierce through and although you could work around it, it's compromising the space.

Although I like the look of the ground has it is with its suspended roof an all,wouldn’t it make sense to build a new roof altogether with the support structure a few meters away from the stadium footprint. This would allow a complete modernization of the East and west stands to link up with the north and south stands and make a super bowl. Don’t think it would need to be retractable roof either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.