Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I don't remember ever leaving early at Maine Road. Ever.
At the Etihad, I always go at 85 minutes or on the dot of full-time. Fact. My reason for this is transport chaos and nothing else.
So much easier getting to and away from maine road.
Our record was leaving the george and dragon in cheadle at 2.45 and just sitting down as they kicked off

Bit harsh mate.

I sat on them benches, splinters to prove it, there was a lot of early leavers.
Seriously though I can remember plenty of bottlenecks trying to get away from the ground. We used to park a long way from the ground to make it easier. In later years when I was travelling a fair distance I had a year in a school car park near the Kippax, it was useless trying to get out at least for 30 40 minutes after the game.
As someone else posted it seems a particularly City trait to moan about queues, transport etc.
I have been to most away grounds and there isn't one I can think of that is easy.
Walking from any ground is normally the best option till the crowds ease. Why people are so desperate to get home quickly is beyond me.
Anyhow, no offence meant, how thick was the paint on those benches.

Oddly, Maine Road was better set up for public transport. You just had to walk to Princess Road or Wilmslow Road (neither a route march) and there was a bus every two seconds into town. That's without taking into account the regular specials and the normal services up Lloyd Street.

Albeit, things did go downhill a bit after Thatcher's masterly policy of bus deregulation. But Wilmslow Road was always a sure thing, even then.

The Etihad is chaos by comparison and there is a definite incentive to beat the chaos by leaving at least slightly early.
Agree all that buses in all directions at MR.
Also at MR there were escape routes in all directions Plattt Lane, Lloyd Street, Princess Road, Wilmslow Riad, Dickinson Riad, Wilbraham Road and little cut through to say Withington so everyone disbursed.
At the Etihad it seems they focus on city centre but most people don't live there, and there's an over reliance on Alan Turing Way so you ate often better driving in the direction of Okdham to come back south. My other bugbear is blocking the roads to ket the away fans out Don't think united fir example give them priority.
Really need to look at putting some extra routes in say at back of main car park so people can scatter in all directions.

Agree all that buses in all directions at MR.
Also at MR there were escape routes in all directions Plattt Lane, Lloyd Street, Princess Road, Wilmslow Riad, Dickinson Riad, Wilbraham Road and little cut through to say Withington so everyone disbursed.
At the Etihad it seems they focus on city centre but most people don't live there, and there's an over reliance on Alan Turing Way so you ate often better driving in the direction of Okdham to come back south. My other bugbear is blocking the roads to ket the away fans out Don't think united fir example give them priority.
Really need to look at putting some extra routes in say at back of main car park so people can scatter in all directions.

There are a couple of hidden, secret routes, and I could tell you.

But I would have to kill you -;)

I sat on them benches, splinters to prove it, there was a lot of early leavers.
Seriously though I can remember plenty of bottlenecks trying to get away from the ground. We used to park a long way from the ground to make it easier. In later years when I was travelling a fair distance I had a year in a school car park near the Kippax, it was useless trying to get out at least for 30 40 minutes after the game.
As someone else posted it seems a particularly City trait to moan about queues, transport etc.
I have been to most away grounds and there isn't one I can think of that is easy.
Walking from any ground is normally the best option till the crowds ease. Why people are so desperate to get home quickly is beyond me.
Anyhow, no offence meant, how thick was the paint on those benches.
Don’t know about the paint thickness but they were fucking uncomfortable

I don't remember ever leaving early at Maine Road. Ever.
At the Etihad, I always go at 85 minutes or on the dot of full-time. Fact. My reason for this is transport chaos and nothing else.
You’re 20 years older than you were at your last game at Maine Road. Maybe you’ve just turned into a FOC who needs to get home for your Horlicks ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.