Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

There's something really exciting about a crane being 'erected' and/or jumped. ;-)

In hindsight I wouldn't have minded being a crane operator.

Saying that, I'd have spent all day taking pictures of the Manchester skyline and construction sites on the QT.

It's definitely a job where you have to be 100% focussed all the time. There can't be any mistakes.

Last edited:
There are multiple stops for six Met destinations around their ground (Alty, Airport, EDids, Town, TraffCtr and Eccles), a train station, they even have water taxis on the canal…

Most importantly though, they have lots of places around their ground to have a pint after the game. People will nip into one of the many places to have a drink and let the crowds die down too.

We have one Met station for two directions (Town/Ashton) and that’s it.
Always easy to get away from the swamp if you know the best way. I usually park on Chorlton side and never get held up. The trams are much easier because there are so many lines.

There's something really exciting about a crane being 'erected' and/or jumped. ;-)

In hindsight I wouldn't have minded being a crane operator.

Saying that, I'd have spent all day taking pictures of the Manchester skyline and construction sites on the QT.

It's definitely a job were you have to be 100% focussed all the time. There can't be any mistakes.

Think of those panoramic views….

Funny isn't. You never hear the Rags complaining about getting away from OT, even though the get 74,000.

Having been to OT. Trafford Park through to the M60 is always gridlocked with cars and coaches. The Metrolink service is like ours, infrequent and rammed. They do have more Metrolink stops away from the ground. Around the ground it's residential parking only. Etc.
Moaning about getting home from the game has been a City fan obsession for as long as I've been going to the match(1973).
Go on the clubs forums and none them have threads about early leavers and shit transport links. It's definitely a City thing

The worst part about driving away from the Etihad, is the walking wankers who believe the roads are strictly for their use. This then causes major problems for motorists and hence the gridlock.
Why can`t these selfish twats who make their way into town,just use the footpaths as they are meant for.
I walk back into town down Ashton New Road it's quite funny watching the motorists getting all arsey. Don't know why they can't just chill out and wait 10 mins before it all dies down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.