Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

100% agree with @trevorriley that getting singers together is the main objective of this new stand. Hopefully we can have an expanded 2nd tier where they can have a block bang in the middle or at the front of the enlarged section.

Also, I know this sounds cringy but would it be possible to ‘scout’ people to be part of this new section? Keep your eyes open for those you notice singing throughout the game, home & away, and ask them if they’d like to be part of this new block/tier.

I do also think branding/advertising will be important in terms of getting people to move in larger numbers though, especially from an area they’re very comfortable in. I’d personally call the new stand ‘The Kippax Wall’. It will pull at the heart strings then and fans will feel they want to be part of the new Kippax. The name also has a dual meaning - it’s our version of the yellow wall at Dortmund but also harkens back to the actual Kippax wall itself which was a well known landmark of Maine Road for us City fans.

kippax-new.jpg
Id cringe like fuck if it was called The Kippax Wall mate. Why try and mimic what we will never achieve , a yellow wall

Id cringe like fuck if it was called The Kippax Wall mate. Why try and mimic what we will never achieve , a yellow wall

It has to be something more imaginative than the North stand.

“We are the North stand!” (clap, clap, clap) isn’t going give the stand it’s own identity. And it certainly won’t inspire a home end name and feel amongst City fans. Something like the Beswick end or the Manchester end, to name two off the top of my head, would be better and give the stand an identity. We’ve got 3 stands with no names, bar the South, North and East stands.

I agree about not calling it the Kippax. There should only be one Kippax and that was at Maine Road. And it should remain there in the clubs history.

You’d cringe to fuck no matter what it was called :)

Like I said, it was just as much linked to the actual Kippax and Kippax wall. Our own history and that feeling of a big stand getting vocally behind the team.

Even just ‘The Kippax’. I feel we need an emotional connection to get people to move.

Last edited:

“We are the North stand!” (clap, clap, clap) isn’t going give the stand it’s own identity. And it certainly won’t inspire a home end feel amongst City fans. Something like the Beswick end or the Manchester end, to name two off the top of my head, would be better and give the stand an identity. We’ve got 3 stands with no names, bar the South, North and East stands.

I agree about not calling it the Kippax. There should only be one Kippax, and that was at Maine Road. And it should remain there in the clubs history.
How about "We are the gas works"

“We are the North stand!” (clap, clap, clap) isn’t going give the stand it’s own identity. And it certainly won’t inspire a home end name and feel amongst City fans. Something like the Beswick end or the Manchester end, to name two off the top of my head, would be better and give the stand an identity. We’ve got 3 stands with no names, bar the South, North and East stands.

I agree about not calling it the Kippax. There should only be one Kippax and that was at Maine Road. And it should remain there in the clubs history.

More likely to be the Nissan North stand or the Kang Shi Fu Noddle Stand or similar !

You’d cringe to fuck no matter what it was called :)

Like I said, it was just as much linked to the actual Kippax and Kippax wall. Our own history and that feeling of a big stand getting vocally behind the team.

Even just ‘The Kippax’. I feel we need an emotional connection to get people to move.
Im honestly up for any any suggestion to get it going mate, even The new Kippax maybe ?

I like The Manchester End, the surely it should be The Sergio Aguero Stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.