Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Why?

This is what they did in King's Cross, London.

2000-gasholder-park-kings-cross-central-hp.jpg

gasholders-wilkinson-eyre-and-jonahan-tuckey-architecture_dezeen_2364_sq-1.jpg
They look beautiful, but it's Kings Cross on the Regent Canal (2 bed rents at £4.5/£5.5pm, 1 bed sells for £1.25M) not Miles Platting looking down Briscoe Lane and Phillips Park Cemetery. ROI will be a little more challenging

They look beautiful, but it's Kings Cross on the Regent Canal (2 bed rents at £4.5/£5.5pm, 1 bed sells for £1.25M) not Miles Platting looking down Briscoe Lane and Phillips Park Cemetery. ROI will be a little more challenging
Haha !! Exactly !!!

I find it bizarre that some people on here keep on comparing it to developments in London when it’s apples and pears.

Abu Dhabi have invested hundreds of millions into East Manchester property via Manchester Life. I think they have an idea what they are doing and not have to rely on pie in sky ideas that worked well in central London.

Haha !! Exactly !!!

I find it bizarre that some people on here keep on comparing it to developments in London when it’s apples and pears.

Abu Dhabi have invested hundreds of millions into East Manchester property via Manchester Life. I think they have an idea what they are doing and not have to rely on pie in sky ideas that worked well in central London.
It's the same with some of the design suggestions for the campus?

I would love nothing more than some of the edgy proposals, but the Club also has to factor in the Manchester weather and local area.

Madrid and such as Abu Dhabi can rely on sunshine and certainly won't have the issues of potholes and puddles accumulating throughout a season.

ROI won't be a challenge, anywhere near a challenge.

The plan is to redevelop all the way down Bradford Rd from what I saw, create a proper link into Ancoats and New Islington

The mills are already being converted to flats.

Gasworks and the grim industrial units round Upper Cyrus street and the park will be next on the agenda.

The council houses on Cambrian St are starting to get boarded up

ROI won't be a challenge, anywhere near a challenge.
Viability on flats with excessive abnormals, including taking down a corroded iron frame and reconstructing it around the flats, fettering the size of the site too, will be a challenge.

Build cost inflation is still excessive but the expected GDVs are decreasing. Also finance is more costly too, and construction is always hit first in a recession.

If the viability was good it would have gone ahead. It is just about numbers.

It's the same with some of the design suggestions for the campus?

I would love nothing more than some of the edgy proposals, but the Club also has to factor in the Manchester weather and local area.

Madrid and such as Abu Dhabi can rely on sunshine and certainly won't have the issues of potholes and puddles accumulating throughout a season.
The weird upsloping roof in the current stadium can’t even keep the first 20 rows dry as it is

Viability on flats with excessive abnormals, including taking down a corroded iron frame and reconstructing it around the flats, fettering the size of the site too, will be a challenge.

Build cost inflation is still excessive but the expected GDVs are decreasing. Also finance is more costly too, and construction is always hit first in a recession.

If the viability was good it would have gone ahead. It is just about numbers.
All of the above is true. A lot of schemes that were viable only 6 mths ago are looking borderline at best. Development funding is a nightmare atm, as funders are very picky and extremely nervous on the future direction of yields, cost inflation, material supply lines and workforce availability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.