Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If it mirrors the SS then the majority is aimed at cheaper s/c not increasing corporate. I don't know how many £299 seats are in the SS but it must be a couple of thousand. Not expanding isn't going to make he ground more atmospheric, but it does make getting tickets together harder.

A lot of people I know in ss3 moved there after being priced out of other sections. The Colin bell stand for instance. When we expanded the entire second tier pretty much become corporate and lots of those people moved into ss3. So yes there are cheap tickets there, but it’s meant other areas of the ground becoming more corporate.

I think If we make the ground bigger it will make the atmosphere worse. I think it will mean more tourists and day trippers and I said our core support is around 45,000 imo. Smaller tighter grounds often produce better atmospheres aswell.

If we build a home end I’d be all for that, but if it’s the same as now I don’t think it improves the ground or improvethe atmosphere. I think it would just be building for the sake of it.

Tickets shouldn’t be hard to get together now, but the club keep giving rows of tickets to corporates and people not showing up.The amount of games of been too that I struggled to get tickets for only to get there and there’s literally rows of empty seats is a joke. The club could sort that out ! The website is a joke aswell

A lot of people I know in ss3 moved there after being priced out of other sections. The Colin bell stand for instance. When we expanded the entire second tier pretty much become corporate and lots of those people moved into ss3. So yes there are cheap tickets there, but it’s meant other areas of the ground becoming more corporate.

I think If we make the ground bigger it will make the atmosphere worse. I think it will mean more tourists and day trippers and I said our core support is around 45,000 imo. Smaller tighter grounds often produce better atmospheres aswell.

If we build a home end I’d be all for that, but if it’s the same as now I don’t think it improves the ground or improvethe atmosphere. I think it would just be building for the sake of it.

Tickets shouldn’t be hard to get together now, but the club keep giving rows of tickets to corporates and people not showing up.The amount of games of been too that I struggled to get tickets for only to get there and there’s literally rows of empty seats is a joke. The club could sort that out ! The website is a joke aswell
The attendance is related to season tickets and the numbers we release. We could fill a North stand extension with season ticket holders easily but for a Cup game we might then have the problem we do now when these fans decide not to go for whatever reason. Best way to build our support is to expand the ground.

You're getting frustrated perhaps because it doesn't happen overnight. Clubs are built over generations. City fans didn't stop going when we were shi't but the generation of match going City fans grew old, and you see that now. It will take years to build up but it needs a ground big enough to take advantage.

We also need to be independent of the owner.

Any idea of a start date? Why are City so secretive about it if work has started?

I think it will be end of this season. Might be wrong but if they (Laings are on it now) they will want to get cracking.

The attendance is related to season tickets and the numbers we release. We could fill a North stand extension with season ticket holders easily but for a Cup game we might then have the problem we do now when these fans decide not to go for whatever reason. Best way to build our support is to expand the ground.

You're getting frustrated perhaps because it doesn't happen overnight. Clubs are built over generations. City fans didn't stop going when we were shi't but the generation of match going City fans grew old, and you see that now. It will take years to build up but it needs a ground big enough to take advantage.

We also need to be independent of the owner.

I was sat above the Southampton fans yesterday, great seats. Definitely thinking of getting a ST as I've not had one since I went with my dad ending with the Pierce days and going back to my first ever game under Frank Clarke...

If they build the new stand and the price is <£500 then I'll be putting my name down for one.

The biggest cost for me will be everything but the ticket like getting there (40 miles travel), food and drink etc. With games on TV that is probably why many choose to stay away the odd game.

I think it will be end of this season. Might be wrong but if they (Laings are on it now) they will want to get cracking.
If I remember didn't the South Stand start in February, I'd have though if they wanted it to be ready for the start of a season it would need to follow a similar timescale and start in early spring ?

If I remember didn't the South Stand start in February, I'd have though if they wanted it to be ready for the start of a season it would need to follow a similar timescale and start in early spring ?

South Stand was officially announced at this exact time of year with work starting in February as you say.

I sit in 222 (93:20) - believe me its expensive and I will move at some point. All of the regulars in front of me moved when the price got hiked and I noticed again yesterday the entire row of seats in front of me where they used to sit were empty... as they always are for lesser games. We doubled the price and forced them out but over a season our revenues are probably the same or slightly down in those seats and the atmosphere has certainly suffered. We overcalled the demand for corporate - certainly in the lesser games which leaves us with empty seats.

I had a similar idea a few years ago, but for 6 games, only trouble that was pointed out to me was most would want the same 6 games and they couldn't have an allocated seat so it would be quite complicated to do.
Also now matchday go on sale before the season starts tickets for the most popular games sell out before the game date is finalised.

One problem the club will need to manage is competitive pricing in a new North Stand because it will probably empty the second tier in both the East and CB stands where its getting very expensive. The whole structure of ticket pricing and products needs a fresh look to get circa £60,000 plus into every game. The people are there but pricing and the ease of buying tickets is presently a barrier.

I sit in 222 (93:20) - believe me its expensive and I will move at some point. All of the regulars in front of me moved when the price got hiked and I noticed again yesterday the entire row of seats in front of me where they used to sit were empty... as they always are for lesser games. We doubled the price and forced them out but over a season our revenues are probably the same or slightly down in those seats and the atmosphere has certainly suffered. We overcalled the demand for corporate - certainly in the lesser games which leaves us with empty seats.

Got a taste of it last season - £1500 for a padded seat and free programme is not worth it. Plus sh*t from the corporate boxes. Crazy when you think there is seats just as good for £299/319

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.