Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I hope not. That would be a complete wasted opportunity to actually have a proper home end. The south stand expansion with a corporate in the middle has been a bit crap in my opinion and hasn’t helped the atmosphere at all.

This is our one chance to have a proper home end. The way it’s sounding we are basically just going to have a copy of Arsenal’s ground

I’d also say we don’t actually have the fan base to fill an expanded ground and I’d rather have a smaller ground that was full every week.

Every League game sells out.

Most CL knock out games sell out.

Weekend FA Cup games sell out.

League Cup games don’t sell out, neither do midweek FA Cup or CL group games against non top sides.

More reason to expand than not.

Reactions: nmc
I hope not. That would be a complete wasted opportunity to actually have a proper home end. The south stand expansion with a corporate in the middle has been a bit crap in my opinion and hasn’t helped the atmosphere at all.

This is our one chance to have a proper home end. The way it’s sounding we are basically just going to have a copy of Arsenal’s ground

I’d also say we don’t actually have the fan base to fill an expanded ground and I’d rather have a smaller ground that was full every week.

the stadium sells out almost every league game but some season ticket holders dont turn up or bother using the ticket exchange to sell them on? it is a bug bear for the club as well if you want the truth but how can they enforce people to sell their seat on for a game?

Will be quicker than that. The project manager who built the other end started in it about 3 weeks ago. Looking at it. Was told today there were issues with the power supply capacity for the area which have now been sorted. Also got told a replica of other end.
What’s the likely new capacity? 62,000?

Will be quicker than that. The project manager who built the other end started in it about 3 weeks ago. Looking at it. Was told today there were issues with the power supply capacity for the area which have now been sorted. Also got told a replica of other end.
Any idea of a start date? Why are City so secretive about it if work has started?

Every League game sells out.

Most CL knock out games sell out.

Weekend FA Cup games sell out.

League Cup games don’t sell out, neither do midweek FA Cup or CL group games against non top sides.

More reason to expand than not.

Every league game might be classed as sold out, but a lot of those people aren’t showing up and lots of tickets are given away by th club to corporates and others. Family stand corner area for example.

My main reason for not expanding is that I would prefer a smaller atmospheric ground then a huge one that isn’t always full.
We do not have a huge fan base compared to tee other top teams.I’d say our core is about 45,000 in my opinion. I don’t get the obsession with trying to always expand the ground.

A lot of this expansion aswell is mainly aimed at increasing corporate sections. Most of which are half empty in the middle tiers most weeks

The new stand should be sold out through competitive and innovative pricing. Why not sell mini season tickets for say three games each. Priced at £60 for three games it's bound to sell out.

The new stand should be sold out through competitive and innovative pricing. Why not sell mini season tickets for say three games each. Priced at £60 for three games it's bound to sell out.
I had a similar idea a few years ago, but for 6 games, only trouble that was pointed out to me was most would want the same 6 games and they couldn't have an allocated seat so it would be quite complicated to do.
Also now matchday go on sale before the season starts tickets for the most popular games sell out before the game date is finalised.

Every league game might be classed as sold out, but a lot of those people aren’t showing up and lots of tickets are given away by th club to corporates and others. Family stand corner area for example.

My main reason for not expanding is that I would prefer a smaller atmospheric ground then a huge one that isn’t always full.
We do not have a huge fan base compared to tee other top teams.I’d say our core is about 45,000 in my opinion. I don’t get the obsession with trying to always expand the ground.

A lot of this expansion aswell is mainly aimed at increasing corporate sections. Most of which are half empty in the middle tiers most weeks
If it mirrors the SS then the majority is aimed at cheaper s/c not increasing corporate. I don't know how many £299 seats are in the SS but it must be a couple of thousand. Not expanding isn't going to make he ground more atmospheric, but it does make getting tickets together harder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.