Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Think they might have started on the dismantling of the canalside gasometer.
Hopefully not the only think getting dismantled today

5a87f11c14003307ec000003.jpg

Thanks for that Hello City.

I know it’s only an arena and there are much more bigger and more complex buildings around the world, but it always amazes me how architects, engineers and construction companies can get everything to fit to the cm. The roof trusses on to the arena exterior steel frame for example
Sure there is relief all round when the trusses fit perfectly, amazing design and construction.

Reactions: jrb
Apologies,as im sure its been answered several times....but is the MEN Arena being fucked off as a result?
No, although it took the COOP Live planning permission being given (despite their protests) before they decided to invest money in the MEN Arena after many, many years. They were more pissed off then fucked off.

Apologies,as im sure its been answered several times....but is the MEN Arena being fucked off as a result?
No, they will be competing venues. M/cr Arena weren't happy bunnies, but have since announced investment to improve facilities. The Arena looks tired now and I suspect Coop Live will be a huge step up in experience. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - Coop Live facilities & capacity vs Arena being in the city centre.

No, they will be competing venues. M/cr Arena weren't happy bunnies, but have since announced investment to improve facilities. The Arena looks tired now and I suspect Coop Live will be a huge step up in experience. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - Coop Live facilities & capacity vs Arena being in the city centre.

A perfect mixture. Cementing Manchester position as one of the top entertainment cities in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.