Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Just seen the new residential parking for 23/24, City are gong to be screwed for staff, most park behind the cemetery, briscoe lane etc with limited stadium parking where is everyone supposed to go?

Just seen the new residential parking for 23/24, City are gong to be screwed for staff, most park behind the cemetery, briscoe lane etc with limited stadium parking where is everyone supposed to go?
Not looking forward to it. There were notices on the lampposts all round the streets at the Villa game, asking for any objections before 16th March so it looks like a done deal. I expect a lot more businesses will open up for parking services but they're going to be busy. Traffic will probably end up worse down Alan Turing Way as cars queue to get into these places and getting away will be difficult due to the central reservation, I've already seen cars going over it to avoid having to U-turn at the lights.

Not looking forward to it. There were notices on the lampposts all round the streets at the Villa game, asking for any objections before 16th March so it looks like a done deal. I expect a lot more businesses will open up for parking services but they're going to be busy. Traffic will probably end up worse down Alan Turing Way as cars queue to get into these places and getting away will be difficult due to the central reservation, I've already seen cars going over it to avoid having to U-turn at the lights.
I might have to go to Ashton get the tram in, buses are way to unreliable especially on a Sunday, night matches are going to be a nightmare, it’s just getting harder to make the effort these days, costs going up and the time just to watch a 90 min game it’s taking up bloody hours, feel sorry for all those who travel in from miles away.

The trick is to find somewhere not residential and get there early, must admit it's getting harder.

I might have to go to Ashton get the tram in, buses are way to unreliable especially on a Sunday, night matches are going to be a nightmare, it’s just getting harder to make the effort these days, costs going up and the time just to watch a 90 min game it’s taking up bloody hours, feel sorry for all those who travel in from miles away.
I know what you mean. I hate the tram but could just about handle the direct ones from Bury to the stadium but I'm not messing around changing trams at Market St/Piccadilly Gardens. Looks like it's a walk from Victoria or Shudehill for me and no time for a beer at the ground for night games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.