Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

After looking at whats proposed, all of the matchday parking in all of the none residential areas where parking was previously permitted will no longer be allowed. They even plan to introduce restrictions (residents parking bays) on streets were there are no longer any residents. There aren't any houses on Eccleshall Street (the were demolished 15-20 years ago) in Clayton, but low and behold they are restricting the full length of the carriageway on both sides to some none existent residents. See attached for details

See attached for details,

Anyone effected by these proposals can log an objection, but you will need to be quick, they need to be in by 16 March 2023.
It is 23/24 season?

All this parking restriction nonsense infuriates me, seems like the council are actively trying to deter people from attending matches.

Compare this to OT where people park anywhere they want pretty much, cars are even parked, seemingly with impunity, on the big White City roundabout

It will thin out numbers if 10k are forced to walk 2 miles or pay a fortune. It was driven by the arena greed.

Parking is free in the evenings and afternoons on the weekends just north of the Nynex. 11pm near the stadium or not at all.

So I currently park on James St near the junction with Varley St. The former has a series of warehouse type buildings and no residential houses at all. The latter is largely residential. I won’t be allowed to continue parking on the pavement outside the large warehouse with its own ample carpark yet if I move 20 yds diagonally across the junction I’ll be allowed to park smack bang outside somebody’s small front garden

What an ill conceived shitshow of a plan, another triumph for scouse **** Burnham.

It is 23/24 season?
They haven't said, but technically they could bring in the new restrictions the day after the end of the consultation period which is on 16th March 2023, if they do not get any objections to the proposed scheme. However after looking at the size of the scheme and the vast area it covers, its going to cost a small fortune to paint all the new parking bays and install the signage to enable enforcement of the new restrictions. In all likely hood, the new parking scheme will be in operation at the start of 23/24 season. But we need to remember the scheme is currently only a " proposal" at the moment, if the council receive no objections to the proposals they will just implement the new scheme. However if the council receive an high number of objections they will need to be able to justify the new restrictions. If anybody is effected by the new restrictions they can log a comment and object to the scheme via the council website, but this needs to be done before 16th March 2023.

So I currently park on James St near the junction with Varley St. The former has a series of warehouse type buildings and no residential houses at all. The latter is largely residential. I won’t be allowed to continue parking on the pavement outside the large warehouse with its own ample carpark yet if I move 20 yds diagonally across the junction I’ll be allowed to park smack bang outside somebody’s small front garden

What an ill conceived shitshow of a plan, another triumph for scouse **** Burnham.
The new scheme got sod all to do with Burnham, it was part of the planning conditions when the new COOP Arena was agreed

Surely the council would not want to deter people from attending as I am sure the council get a certain level of rent when the crowd is above a certain number. However I then realised we are talking about politicians!!!!

Surely the council would not want to deter people from attending as I am sure the council get a certain level of rent when the crowd is above a certain number. However I then realised we are talking about politicians!!!!
I have just lifted this from STATEMENT OF REASONS document for the new proposed scheme

The objectives of the Scheme are to:

Discourage event-related / Campus facility users and other on-street, long-stay non-residential parking in the area, while still permitting short-stay parking for visitors to residential properties and businesses in the scheme area; Encourage visitors to the area to use public transport and active travel options;

So the bottom line is they don't want City fans traveling to the Etihad in a car

It's our first drone shot of the year, and just look how far we've come! It's looking chilly on the construction site but nothing can stop our incredible builders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.