Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The best way to build our support is to make tickets affordable, especially for league games. I’m getting frustrated because they are making large parts of the ground corporate. There’s no point in expanding in my opinion if there’s loads of empty seats and loads of non city fans

I’m lucky enough to be given tickets from time to time in some of these corporate/ more expensive sections and they are full of tourists and opposition fans.... I don’t want that tbh and we may get bigger crowds, but large sections of that crowd won’t be city fans. Champions league games being surrounded by opposition fans is awful.

If we expand just make it affordable for locals and everyone, rather then just chase corporates - one of the main reasons why we have empty seats imo.

I agree with cheaper match day ticket prices mate. That said, I wouldn’t dish out more cut price season cards.

Unlike your experience, I find ithat the cheaper season cards that asometimes bought by people who are pretty flush and are happy to turn up for a minority of games. I’m in 93:20 and the overwhelming majority of fans are lifelong Blues. That’s the same with the people I know who hi joe’s.

I agree that we shouldn’t have any more corporate seats

I agree with cheaper match day ticket prices mate. That said, I wouldn’t dish out more cut price season cards.

Unlike your experience, I find ithat the cheaper season cards that asometimes bought by people who are pretty flush and are happy to turn up for a minority of games. I’m in 93:20 and the overwhelming majority of fans are lifelong Blues. That’s the same with the people I know who hi joe’s.

I agree that we shouldn’t have any more corporate seats

There wont be Tim - I believe the club are looking at some innovative solutions including ticket machines in the city centre - I can see the club aiming for the student population and young teens in this new stand - they have done research in the fact that we are a load of old buggers on the whole at the Etihad. I can see a lot of the areas being "almost" pay on the day. Looking forward to finding out more.

The best way to build our support is to make tickets affordable, especially for league games. I’m getting frustrated because they are making large parts of the ground corporate. There’s no point in expanding in my opinion if there’s loads of empty seats and loads of non city fans

I’m lucky enough to be given tickets from time to time in some of these corporate/ more expensive sections and they are full of tourists and opposition fans.... I don’t want that tbh and we may get bigger crowds, but large sections of that crowd won’t be city fans. Champions league games being surrounded by opposition fans is awful.

If we expand just make it affordable for locals and everyone, rather then just chase corporates - one of the main reasons why we have empty seats imo.
I think you may have a point with the league games, there the corporate sections are expanding ever outwards from the tunnel club along Level 2.

I disagree about Champions League nights.

What do you mean by none-City fans? Do you mean that they are not white and speak foreign languages? I really hope I do not offend you. I do not mean to.

I notice myself on Champions League nights that there are a lot of foreigners at the ground. I come from that background so it makes me very happy indeed when I see people mixing. That is great and it's what City should be all about. I don't like it when you have gangs of white kids, and Asians and distrust between the two. Apologies again if I misinterpeted what you were thinking. I saw a different crowd than usual last night, but what I saw was an cosmopolitan crowd rather than a wealthy crowd.

There wont be Tim - I believe the club are looking at some innovative solutions including ticket machines in the city centre - I can see the club aiming for the student population and young teens in this new stand - they have done research in the fact that we are a load of old buggers on the whole at the Etihad. I can see a lot of the areas being "almost" pay on the day. Looking forward to finding out more.

I like the sound of pay on the day mate

When you say " I believe the club" It would be helpful to add some info for context. Most clubs are looking at attracting younger fans. It would be nice to know what practical steps city wish to employ.

When you say " I believe the club" It would be helpful to add some info for context. Most clubs are looking at attracting younger fans. It would be nice to know what practical steps city wish to employ.

I know people who are working on the new stand mate and I also have a couple of good contacts at the club - cant add much more than that. Just try to add snippets when I hear anything.

I know people who are working on the new stand mate and I also have a couple of good contacts at the club - cant add much more than that. Just try to add snippets when I hear anything.

Fair enough. I understand the dilemma of keeping confidences while believing sharing information might be best for long term solutions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.