Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

What's the script with print at home tickets? Tried to buy one for someone on the day last night but only option was delivery (which obviously wasn't viable)?

What's the script with print at home tickets? Tried to buy one for someone on the day last night but only option was delivery (which obviously wasn't viable)?

I had this and phoned the club. I was told to collect them from the ticket office.
Minutes after getting off the phone the tickets arrived via email.

Used them at the match and it was absolutely fine.

I agree with cheaper match day ticket prices mate. That said, I wouldn’t dish out more cut price season cards.

Unlike your experience, I find ithat the cheaper season cards that asometimes bought by people who are pretty flush and are happy to turn up for a minority of games. I’m in 93:20 and the overwhelming majority of fans are lifelong Blues. That’s the same with the people I know who hi joe’s.

I agree that we shouldn’t have any more corporate seats
Nail on the head

I think you may have a point with the league games, there the corporate sections are expanding ever outwards from the tunnel club along Level 2.

I disagree about Champions League nights.

What do you mean by none-City fans? Do you mean that they are not white and speak foreign languages? I really hope I do not offend you. I do not mean to.

I notice myself on Champions League nights that there are a lot of foreigners at the ground. I come from that background so it makes me very happy indeed when I see people mixing. That is great and it's what City should be all about. I don't like it when you have gangs of white kids, and Asians and distrust between the two. Apologies again if I misinterpeted what you were thinking. I saw a different crowd than usual last night, but what I saw was an cosmopolitan crowd rather than a wealthy crowd.

What do I mean by none city fans?. Well certain games I’ve been to in particular Juventus and Celtic at home. Being surrounded by away fans openly cheering goals and goading our fans... not exactly great.

In terms of tourists I mean agin being surrounded by people who in many cases aren’t city fans, for example being sat near fans cheering and taking pictures of United players when they score.... I think it’s a huge reason why lots of season ticket holders don’t go to champions league games.

What I see is the crowd changing because a lot of them are being priced out. The Colin bell stand level 1 for instance. Even under pellegrini/Mancini is was a very different crowd.

I don’t want the Etihad to turn into old Trafford and be surrounded by day trippers and our core fan base priced out. So making it affordable is key.

No idea why your brought race into this as I never mentioned that.

If we could build a proper home end that’s affordable for everyone that would be great and is what we need

As someone who has lost points from my home and away match going attendances during the 70s & 80s and from the move to the Etihad I have to say a ballot is a load of bollocks. I have friends in wheelchairs who have hardly missed a game in years so for me regular away game attendees deserve priority. I have hardly any chance of getting an away ticket but I can accept that as fair.

Don't think they fit - the ironwork supporting the temporary corners protrudes more than expected I seem to recall reading somewhere

F478-A4-B3-AAEB-4-CF5-ABBC-137-B7-E7-A855-C.jpg

We seem to have got in a mess with the fan layout in the stadium. No real home end, corporate in an area where it should be singing. A full end of family stand( many on the bloody phone rather than watching). Away fans behind the goal. With any new stand, we need to revise the fan layout from scratch. Lower tiers, need to be for singing, away fans in a corner. Family stand in the third tier.( phones work there aswell)
Improving the atmosphere needs to be prime rather than a subsidiary afterthought.

We seem to have got in a mess with the fan layout in the stadium. No real home end, corporate in an area where it should be singing. A full end of family stand( many on the bloody phone rather than watching). Away fans behind the goal. With any new stand, we need to revise the fan layout from scratch. Lower tiers, need to be for singing, away fans in a corner. Family stand in the third tier.( phones work there aswell)
Improving the atmosphere needs to be prime rather than a subsidiary afterthought.

You are dead right about the arrangements in the ground being a mess.

Last edited:
Nailed it mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.