Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’m concerned the Etihad might be left behind if the North Stand becomes just a South Stand replica.

Everton are putting their stadium plans together now and it contains, just like the new Spurs stadium, a huge single tier end.

Here’s how it will look compared to the new Stand at Spurs and vs the Kop at Anfield.

1389-BFE1-7-F53-4517-8-F60-43-D922-C4-AD0-F.jpg

57-B84-EB2-1867-4-D6-F-97-BA-F9-C47-BE808-B8.jpg

Reactions: Itd
We seem to have got in a mess with the fan layout in the stadium. No real home end, corporate in an area where it should be singing. A full end of family stand( many on the bloody phone rather than watching). Away fans behind the goal. With any new stand, we need to revise the fan layout from scratch. Lower tiers, need to be for singing, away fans in a corner. Family stand in the third tier.( phones work there aswell)
Improving the atmosphere needs to be prime rather than a subsidiary afterthought.

Whilst I agree about the stadium being a mixed up mess, I think that keeping singers in the lower tiers affects the atmosphere as the sound doesn’t bounce off the roof and carry.

I’m concerned the Etihad might be left behind if the North Stand becomes just a South Stand replica.

Everton are putting their stadium plans together now and it contains, just like the new Spurs stadium, a huge single tier end.

Here’s how it will look compared to the new Stand at Spurs and vs the Kop at Anfield.

1389-BFE1-7-F53-4517-8-F60-43-D922-C4-AD0-F.jpg

57-B84-EB2-1867-4-D6-F-97-BA-F9-C47-BE808-B8.jpg

I agree. It’s one of the main things are stadium lacks. We are one of the only big clubs without a proper home end. What we have now is frankly crap. A tiny section split by away fans.

We as fans, in particular the 1894 group need to push the club into creating one.

I agree. It’s one of the main things are stadium lacks. We are one of the only big clubs without a proper home end. What we have now is frankly crap. A tiny section split by away fans.

We as fans, in particular the 1894 group need to push the club into creating one.
If the club agreed, then how do you suggest they go about it? I personally think it is too late, south stand wouldn't move and neither would the kippax corner. By the way I agree it would be great to get all the singers together, I just don't think it will happen now.

If the club agreed, then how do you suggest they go about it? I personally think it is too late, south stand wouldn't move and neither would the kippax corner. By the way I agree it would be great to get all the singers together, I just don't think it will happen now.

me personally. id merge the first tier and the second tier of the north stand and make that our home end and build a second tier above that for relocated fans. keeping both north and south stand level 1 as singing sections. scrap the family stand and make kids tickets cheap all around the ground. ( like it used to be)

if we had a proper home end i think most people would move if they had to. anyway its not like they would have a choice anyway. the north stand st holders, colin bell stand st holder didnt when they got forced out. i completely disagree with your notion of it being too late swell. why would it be too late ? we'll be at this stadium probably for the next 60 years and I'm sure seating arrangement will change in that time. think long term and the benefits of a home end.

No reason why it couldnt happen

Going off the focus group thread sounds like there a plan or a suggestion of one for a home end in the extended North Stand.

me personally. id merge the first tier and the second tier of the north stand and make that our home end and build a second tier above that for relocated fans. keeping both north and south stand level 1 as singing sections. scrap the family stand and make kids tickets cheap all around the ground. ( like it used to be)

if we had a proper home end i think most people would move if they had to. anyway its not like they would have a choice anyway. the north stand st holders, colin bell stand st holder didnt when they got forced out. i completely disagree with your notion of it being too late swell. why would it be too late ? we'll be at this stadium probably for the next 60 years and I'm sure seating arrangement will change in that time. think long term and the benefits of a home end.
Where are you going to get all these extra singers from? I agree with most of what you say, what I am saying is the current singing sections won't want to move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.