Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

769-DEE42-8-ACE-4-CBB-B113-024-A0139426-B.jpg

We seem to have got in a mess with the fan layout in the stadium. No real home end, corporate in an area where it should be singing. A full end of family stand( many on the bloody phone rather than watching). Away fans behind the goal. With any new stand, we need to revise the fan layout from scratch. Lower tiers, need to be for singing, away fans in a corner. Family stand in the third tier.( phones work there aswell)
Improving the atmosphere needs to be prime rather than a subsidiary afterthought.
Been saying this since we moved there in 2003, then again from the takeover in 2008, then again when we expanded the South Stand a few years ago... it’s never been right at this stadium.

1. Home fans should have a proper side or end (not just a few blocks, or a block, as an afterthought)
2. Away fans should not be seen on tele
3. Family Stand should not be seen on tele
4. Corporate areas should not be anywhere near the vocal section (looks absolutely shit when we do a display in South Stand Level 1 and the corporate bit above is completely empty)
5. The club should never have any of their own club-made flags on the pitch, and we should never have any club-made displays (all banners, flags and displays should be in the stands and done by the fans ONLY or not at all!)

I’m concerned the Etihad might be left behind if the North Stand becomes just a South Stand replica.

Everton are putting their stadium plans together now and it contains, just like the new Spurs stadium, a huge single tier end.

Here’s how it will look compared to the new Stand at Spurs and vs the Kop at Anfield.

1389-BFE1-7-F53-4517-8-F60-43-D922-C4-AD0-F.jpg

57-B84-EB2-1867-4-D6-F-97-BA-F9-C47-BE808-B8.jpg
It will be a gigantic missed opportunity if we just mirror the South Stand. I’d be absolutely gutted in all honesty.

It will be a gigantic missed opportunity if we just mirror the South Stand. I’d be absolutely gutted in all honesty.

It is not the ground that is a problem imo, it is What do do within it.
We could build the best North stand extension possible and cock up the logistics within it.
The South stand itself looked awesome on Sunday, no issues with it apart from how we fill it.
I think it is a side issue if away fans can be seen on tv, as long as we make more noise than they do.

Look, we have got the money to continue the external curvature of the South Stand all around the ground so let's do it. This would enable the removal of the existing roof and allow for expanded third tiers in CB and East Stands. It will also allow for the corners to be filled in. Then and only then could the away fans be moved to take up a corner of level 3 in the South Stand and East Stand.
The problem is to do this would necessitate having to play away from home for a season similar to Spurs. That's why the North Stand has to be done first. The frustrating thing is having to wait for it all especially when Tottenham have stolen a march on everyone. Bearing in mind our resources and the fact that we have assembled the finest football team in the country, combine this with having the best manager and best training facilities in Europe it's an absolute given that we should also strive to have the best stadium too. It's yet another selling point for the club when it comes to attracting the world's best players. We should all be clamouring for this. There were some on here who thought we should have stuck with the original 47,000 capacity. Ffs have some ambition!

How do the rags get away with it then.....nothing to do with having people in top jobs I hope, wouldn’t want any corruption!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.