Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The plans should be up soon on the CoM planning portal will give a much better idea
If all the information being submitted is correct and in line with pre app negotiations then it should only take a week or so to validate the planning application. Once validated all submitted information will be in the public domain and on the the LA's website. I would expect there to be a lot of information including plans, elevations, sections etc in addition supporting information such as ground investigation reports, construction management plan etc. A lot of information for those that like their detail which includes myself :) Looking forward to it.

But Madrid had a better starting point already with their stadium mate? It’s been widely reported that ADUG wanted to demolish the Etihad and build a brand new one but due to how the stadium was initially constructed using public money that they had to tread carefully? I think as well in years to come the whole stadium will be renovated and encapsulated by maybe more hotels surrounded by an exterior wrap or something but it’s soooooooo expensive as it already is? Wasn’t the south stand something like £70m to add the 3rd tier alone?! This is another £300-400m on something they don’t even own? The owner is also investing in the new arena which will be another few hundred million which will take YEARS to get a return on.
The good thing about this though is that investing into infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP. So as far as FFP goes the cost of building all this is zero but the extra income it creates goes onto the FFP balance sheet. Its a win win for City.

The good thing about this though is that investing into infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP. So as far as FFP goes the cost of building all this is zero but the extra income it creates goes onto the FFP balance sheet. Its a win win for City.

did that not change mate regarding FFP? i think loads of clubs used it as an excuse to offset loses?

did that not change mate regarding FFP? i think loads of clubs used it as an excuse to offset loses?
Not as far as I know, if that was the case then Spurs wouldn't have been able to afford to build their new stadium and Liverpool wouldn't be able to afford to do a double expansion of a field in quick succession. Liverpool breached FFP at one point by spending money on players by saying the money was to be used on stadium improvements that didn't happen and they were sanctioned by UEFA (banned from European competition for 2 years at a time when they didn't qualify for Europe, 2011ish). As far as I know the rules weren't changed.

Not as far as I know, if that was the case then Spurs wouldn't have been able to afford to build their new stadium and Liverpool wouldn't be able to afford to do a double expansion of a field in quick succession. Liverpool breached FFP at one point by spending money on players by saying the money was to be used on stadium improvements that didn't happen and they were sanctioned by UEFA (banned from European competition for 2 years at a time when they didn't qualify for Europe, 2011ish). As far as I know the rules weren't changed.
I’m sure it changed recently, but I didn’t pay much notice, have a feeling all projects in the pipeline are ok, future developments may be different, the more interesting part is the PL/UEFA’s new anti City weapon of trying to restrict profit from outside of football activities, even though every decent stadium in Europe holds concerts etc, they’ll probably narrow it down to no external facilities outside of the stadium, so it only applies to us and a few others

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.