Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’m sure it changed recently, but I didn’t pay much notice, have a feeling all projects in the pipeline are ok, future developments may be different, the more interesting part is the PL/UEFA’s new anti City weapon of trying to restrict profit from outside of football activities, even though every decent stadium in Europe holds concerts etc, they’ll probably narrow it down to no external facilities outside of the stadium, so it only applies to us and a few others
I agree with you on both counts on the one hand I would want the super clubs to benefit too much from external income or be able to say build a brand new 10 billion stadium and fiddle the losses or just waste money on the other it seems target and against the premise of investment diversification economies of scale and sustainability

City are very keen to recognise, in perpetuity, the unique achievement of 100 points by naming the North Stand ...
THE CENTURION.
It is felt within the club that they failed to market the record breaking achievement effectively enough and that, as a consequence, it fails to get the recognition and respect it richly deserves.

The club believes,rightly imo,that the name will be used by broadcasters, media and supporters in a manner that will perpetuate the achievement, and generate a lasting legacy to the finest team in PL history.

It gets my vote.

According to one of the city matters reps the club haven’t decided anything on naming the north stand yet.

Can’t believe it’s not being called 93:20. Would be a constant reminder to the scum of what could have been…was talking to one of their lot the other day and said, in my humble opinion, that that goal was the first crack in their fall from their pedestal. If they had won it that year, Purple Nose would have retired and given his anointed successor a year with Gill providing a helping hand bedding in. As it was, he retired after winning it the following season along with Gill therefore placing novices Moyes and Woodward in charge…and the rest is blissful history…he begrudgingly admitted he hadn’t thought of it that way before but I was probably right…

Last edited:
Posted by mcr guy on SSC - MCR

From the design and statement document.

He doesn’t state what the numbers relate to. Will need to find out.

Note the trees around the East stand. 3 trees that have recently been planted outside the East stand entrance.

3. A smaller indoor sports arena or an exhibition centre?

FBBF9096-7-BDD-40-EA-991-F-0-A5-E6906-A061.webp

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.