Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It looks great. All square, black, shiny with a moving LED halo. :-)

Inside it is what matters. That’s the most important part of an indoor arena.

As a rule concert goers aren’t bothered about how an indoor arena looks externally, they are more bothered about the sound, the views, and the facilities inside the arena. That’s where most of the money is being spent. I have no doubt once the arena is open it will be one of the best indoor arenas in the world, part owned by the CFG, and next to the expanded Etihad stadium. :-)
You also have to ask, what was there before? Oh nothing just bare srub land. What is there now is infinity better. So people having a moan about the new arena, when it's going to help our club financially, are, in my opinion being silly.

You also have to ask, what was there before? Oh nothing just bare srub land. What is there now is infinity better. So people having a moan about the new arena, when it's going to help our club financially, are, in my opinion being silly.
It would be good if the club came out with a master plan for the whole collar site as just now hearsay of what is happening! Under the current framework, an entertainment district is mounted

What they did with Manchester Life is amazing, the biggest issue in the city is transport links, once that is sorted you could have Wembely style development

https://mcrlife.co.uk/

Not moaning about what it will provide but how it looks, it could have looked so much better.

Some people who love the arena are moaning about the 300m development of the stadium and the hotel.

Not moaning about what it will provide but how it looks, it could have looked so much better.

Some people who love the arena are moaning about the 300m development of the stadium and the hotel.

;-)

I have criticised parts of the North stand redevelopment, namely the dog leg hotel and how it fits into the overall redevelopment. I haven't criticised the expanded North stand internally, the 3000 capacity fanzone, or the claws housing the hotel, museum, souvenir store, offices, or the 2 large LED screens at each end of the claws.

I have always like the design of the Coop Live Arena. I prefer boxed shaped buildings, that aren't fussy, and have minimal detail. That's why I like Manchester's emerging (American) boxed shaped skyline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.