Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I would love it if we could somehow recreate the B of the Bang statue somewhere on the site. I know a lot of people hated it but I thought it was great. And if it weren't for the Commonwealth Games and the resulting new stadium, God knows where we would have been.
B of the Bang was ok just that the welding was crap

T J Amusan - Linkedin

Embracing the Future of Entertainment: My Recent trip to Manchester

In my fifth week of working as a sales and strategy intern for OVG, I had the unparalleled opportunity to journey to Manchester with the dynamic team at Oak View Group. The experience was nothing short of transformative for me.

First stop was the sales centre where I got an enthralling preview of what the inside of the Co-op Live Arena is going to look like. It's not just about bricks and mortar - it's a culmination of a creative vision, hard work, and the promise of unforgettable experiences. The unique detailing and design aesthetics promised a new horizon for live entertainment in Manchester.

The next day was even more enlightening as I got to visit the Co-op live Arena site. The towering cranes, the intricate steelwork, the unique but brilliant way in how the arena is being structured along with the passionate workers committed to realizing this vision - it was truly admirable.

Meeting the Project Management team of the arena was incredibly insightful to me especially. It wasn't just about understanding the 'what' of project management, but the 'why'. The stories, the steep challenges, the victories, and the sheer determination and structured planning that goes behind managing such colossal projects. It gave me a deep insight into the intricacies of leading large-scale projects and how every small piece plays its part in the bigger picture.

In many ways, this trip has redefined my perspective. I've always been passionate about the entertainment industry, but this gave me a newfound respect for the people behind the scenes - the ones who lay the foundation (quite literally) the best moments in the sports and music field.

To Alex Reese and the entire team at Oak View Group, thank you for this invaluable experience. To every professional out there building dreams in this industry, thank you for your relentless spirit. Your work is an inspiration!

C94BCC94-7ABA-451B-BD7A-757060E167BC.jpeg

766A8E53-F98B-4B54-ACA3-6DBAAA88F94C.jpeg

Why has it to be iconic ?
Attracts a huge number of visitors to Manchester , it's an advert for the City.

The old arena internals were very good when built but the building itself was almost invisible, surrounded by the station and adjacent buildings, again such a shame for a venue that attracts millions of visitors.

Sydney Opera house and the New globe in Vegas, stunning bits of architecture.

Superb that Manchester has got a new, "world class" concert venue that can attract the best best of events, but the external design is far from world class.

Attracts a huge number of visitors to Manchester , it's an advert for the City.

The old arena internals were very good when built but the building itself was almost invisible, surrounded by the station and adjacent buildings, again such a shame for a venue that attracts millions of visitors.

Sydney Opera house and the New globe in Vegas, stunning bits of architecture.

Superb that Manchester has got a new, "world class" concert venue that can attract the best best of events, but the external design is far from world class.
Not a chance in a million it was going to be like the Sydney opera house or the globe, how much would it cost then ? As it is now its still over 450 million, what more do you want ? The Arena and the new stand etc will push spending to nearly a BILLION in a small corner of East Manchester, our owners are incredible and all you can do is moan that it's not to your taste, boo fucking boo...

Not a chance in a million it was going to be like the Sydney opera house or the globe, how much would it cost then ? As it is now its still over 450 million, what more do you want ? The Arena and the new stand etc will push spending to nearly a BILLION in a small corner of East Manchester, our owners are incredible and all you can do is moan that it's not to your taste, boo fucking boo...
I am just pointing out the design to me is disappointing, who has slagged off the investment or our ownership?

People are killing our owner for having the audacity to put in 600 premium seats in the new stand, so please feel free to rip them a new one.

Exactly mate.

People are moaning about the exterior appearance of the Coop Live Arena when they should look at the bigger picture and all the investment and jobs that will and have been created in East Manchester by the new arena.

Manchester was chosen as the location for the new arena instead of numerous other UK cities. That investment and 100’s of jobs, pre and post construction would have gone to another UK city.

From 2020.

OVG's Mark Donnelly answers readers’ questions on what a second arena would mean for Manchester

We chose it, Manchester, as the location of our first UK arena because of its economic strength and position as a global centre for sport, music, and culture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.