Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I would love it if we could somehow recreate the B of the Bang statue somewhere on the site. I know a lot of people hated it but I thought it was great. And if it weren't for the Commonwealth Games and the resulting new stadium, God knows where we would have been.
Yeah, I liked the B of the Bang - infinitely more aesthetic than that concrete wall in Piccadilly Gardens.

Expressing an opinion seems to be the issue on everything these days.
It does with him. He often goes round certain threads picking out posts that aren’t 100% precum cockdribble about the club and calls those posters knobheads who need to get a grip.

Often he never even expresses his own opinion on the subject, why he thinks the opposite to what he’s picked out in posts, just calls people out for daring not be want to give the club a reacharound.

I know that you don’t like the design of the Co-op Live Arena, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion. I think it’s going to look classy as fuck, sleek design, classy black cladding, the LED top is going to finish it off nicely and it’ll be the best looking building at Etihad Campus by a country mile.

Conversely, I think the designs for the outside of the back of the new North Stand are fucking awful. There are car parks in the city centre with better exterior designs that what the North Stand is going to be like. The design hotel looks like some budget office block in Milton Keynes… although, the inside is going to be fucking great!

Others may disagree with that, which is fine. That’s what the forum is about, not calling people knobheads because they aren’t throwing flower petals in the air whilst skipping around and humming a happy tune.

It does with him. He often goes round certain threads picking out posts that aren’t 100% precum cockdribble about the club and calls those posters knobheads who need to get a grip.

Often he never even expresses his own opinion on the subject, why he thinks the opposite to what he’s picked out in posts, just calls people out for daring not be want to give the club a reacharound.

I know that you don’t like the design of the Co-op Live Arena, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with your opinion. I think it’s going to look classy as fuck, sleek design, classy black cladding, the LED top is going to finish it off nicely and it’ll be the best looking building at Etihad Campus by a country mile.

Conversely, I think the designs for the outside of the back of the new North Stand are fucking awful. There are car parks in the city centre with better exterior designs that what the North Stand is going to be like. The design hotel looks like some budget office block in Milton Keynes… although, the inside is going to be fucking great!

Others may disagree with that, which is fine. That’s what the forum is about, not calling people knobheads because they aren’t throwing flower petals in the air whilst skipping around and humming a happy tune.
Am I in your head or something? Just block me you numpty...

Expressing an opinion seems to be the issue on everything these days.

Everyone is allowed to express an opinion.

With the LED halo, the white stone street level exterior of
the arena, which is hidden behind the hoardings atm, the landscaping, including plants and tress all the way around the arena, and the canal being opened up, the arena won’t look as oppressive when it’s finished. At the moment all you can see is 3 levels of black boxes/tiers stacked on top of each other. Once construction is completed that appearance will soften.

City are planting trees around the Etihad as part of the North stand redevelopment to soften the grey and concrete exterior of the Etihad.

Everyone is allowed to express an opinion.

With the LED halo, the white stone street level exterior of
the arena, which is hidden behind the hoarding atm, the landscaping, including plants and tress all the way around the arena, and the canal being opened up, the arena won’t look as oppressive when it’s finished. At the moment all you can see is 3 levels of black tiers stacked on top of each other. Once construction is completed that appearance will soften.

City are planting trees around the Etihad as part of the North stand redevelopment to soften the grey and concrete exterior of the Etihad.
The tree planting is a great idea, let's hope the club/council at least keep them in good condition, unlike the embarrassing flower (dead) pots/tubs.

Reactions: jrb
The tree planting is a great idea, let's hope the club/council at least keep them in good condition, unlike the embarrassing flower (dead) pots/tubs.

Correct. They look and absolute mess.

Which I brought to the attention of Bev Craig, the leader of MCC, via Twitter. Predictably she never replied. Obviously She has bigger trees to plant and to worry about.

I’ll try and dig out the landscaping plans from the PA if I have time this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.