Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

To answer some of the calls out yesterday, I worked in planning so I do know what I am talking about if you have a master plan for the development the roads and transport connections can be made ahead of time instead of trying to retrofit them in after they have decided what is going in on the Collar site. But the way city are doing the Collar site is hindering transport connections as you have to try and fix the transport connection after the development is done which is miles harder to do, to make it clear no one is asking city to tell us what they are building in the development

Regarding the hydro at no point did say all the hotels were built at the same time, but there would have been some kind of plan for what was getting built over a certain time frame.

All I was trying to say was to release some kind of plans that are in place for the overall site that would also help with transport issues at the site
You are just guessing those that need to know don't know. It' would be extremely unlikely those people that need to know haven't been in on the planning from the start and know exactly what they are doing.
How that will work and what other parties are willing to do and spend is another matter.They will know though.

The redeployment of the plots of land around Wembley is disaster. The architecture, especially the residential towers, is absolutely dreadful. The leisure and retail chain offering is utterly bog standard. It's certainly not a place I would visit if I went to London bar for a cup final. I hope whatever is proposed for the Collar site is massively more ambitious, which will make it a destination in it's own right.
Totally agree

To answer some of the calls out yesterday, I worked in planning so I do know what I am talking about if you have a master plan for the development the roads and transport connections can be made ahead of time instead of trying to retrofit them in after they have decided what is going in on the Collar site. But the way city are doing the Collar site is hindering transport connections as you have to try and fix the transport connection after the development is done which is miles harder to do, to make it clear no one is asking city to tell us what they are building in the development

Regarding the hydro at no point did say all the hotels were built at the same time, but there would have been some kind of plan for what was getting built over a certain time frame.

All I was trying to say was to release some kind of plans that are in place for the overall site that would also help with transport issues at the site
The club have no say in the design of roads, trams or rail, it’s all retrofit into the existing infrastructure, and there’s already a 2040 vision for the whole of Greater Manchester regarding transport which they have to work around.

There’s actually a good example of when NOT to spend money on something in advance at Central Park tram stop just up the road. That was originally built as an interchange for buses and trams (and potentially trains) to serve the industrial estate of high tech businesses planned around it. But the whole idea stalled and only a few units got built hence why there’s probably the best designed stop on the network doing pretty much nothing for over 10 years. A £38M white elephant, almost - although that sounds cheap now. Just a pity it’s perhaps half a mile too far away from the stadium.

I think the Covid outbreak, the disruption caused by it, the labour shortages, and the massive price rise in materials set the North stand redevelopment back years.
Yep, the knockback effects across the world let alone Manchester can not be understated. The war in the Ukraine was just another huge impact on everything worldwide. People complaining that the North stand should have been started earlier need to pull their heads out of their backsides and look around more.

Reactions: jrb
The club have no say in the design of roads, trams or rail, it’s all retrofit into the existing infrastructure, and there’s already a 2040 vision for the whole of Greater Manchester regarding transport which they have to work around.

There’s actually a good example of when NOT to spend money on something in advance at Central Park tram stop just up the road. That was originally built as an interchange for buses and trams (and potentially trains) to serve the industrial estate of high tech businesses planned around it. But the whole idea stalled and only a few units got built hence why there’s probably the best designed stop on the network doing pretty much nothing for over 10 years. A £38M white elephant, almost - although that sounds cheap now. Just a pity it’s perhaps half a mile too far away from the stadium.
For someone who "works in planning", you'd have imagined they'd have known all this? I'm getting Walter Mitty vibes about them and not for the first time.

Yep, the knockback effects across the world let alone Manchester can not be understated. The war in the Ukraine was just another huge impact on everything worldwide. People complaining that the North stand should have been started earlier need to pull their heads out of their backsides and look around more.
Think City now need to make the extra money from the North Stand expansion so as not to fall behind the likes of Spurs and Liverpool in match day revene and confirmed it would go ahead once the ground was confirmed as a venue for the Euro 2028 bid ! No way we would have been chosen with the current capacity same with the Villa Park expansion ! So both clubs needed the work done in advance ! City chose to make it a total match day experience with the associated builds that will make the Etihad probably only second to Spurs in the countries best stadium !

We all expected an extended North Stand there was only talk about how many tiers The club came out and said yeah we are doing it like this and also a hotel new store museum massive City Sq under cover etc They clearly have a vision it’s a shame that the transport infrastructure doesn’t match and even if they did release a master plan it wouldn’t make any difference

Does any one know if the new North stand development is being paid for by the credit /loan facility we took out a couple of years ago i believe about half a billion, we have been very lucky with Sheikh Mansour paying for the South stand and the training ground. If that is the case 300m plus interest is going give us a rude awakening.

Does any one know if the new North stand development is being paid for by the credit /loan facility we took out a couple of years ago i believe about half a billion, we have been very lucky with Sheikh Mansour paying for the South stand and the training ground. If that is the case 300m plus interest is going give us a

Does any one know if the new North stand development is being paid for by the credit /loan facility we took out a couple of years ago i believe about half a billion, we have been very lucky with Sheikh Mansour paying for the South stand and the training ground. If that is the case 300m plus interest is going give us a rude awakening.
I think that money is earmarked for NYCFC's new ground, not the North Stand expansion.

I'm not understanding your last sentence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.