Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The redeployment of the plots of land around Wembley is disaster. The architecture, especially the residential towers, is absolutely dreadful. The leisure and retail chain offering is utterly bog standard. It's certainly not a place I would visit if I went to London bar for a cup final. I hope whatever is proposed for the Collar site is massively more ambitious, which will make it a destination in it's own right.

Last edited:
I think the Covid outbreak, the disruption caused by it, the labour shortages, and the massive price rise in materials set the North stand redevelopment back years.

The problem about that gushing PR video is that if you walk 500 yards in any direction from Wembley Stadium you end up in gangland. Like so much of London the area is a bit of a myth. On the positive side you can still get a flat round there for less than £100,000

Well, 25% of a 300k+ flat...

I think the Covid outbreak, the disruption caused by it, the labour shortages, and the massive price rise in materials set the North stand redevelopment back years.
To be fair it didn't set many other developments in Manchester back. Most just pushed ahead.

To be fair it didn't set many other developments in Manchester back. Most just pushed ahead.

That's true. But all construction sites were working under strict rules and supervision, and there must have been lots of construction and admin workers off with Covid throughout the Covid pandemic. I doubt there were many construction sites, if any at all, working to capacity.

That's true. But all construction sites were working under strict rules and supervision, and there must have been lots of construction and admin workers off with Covid throughout the Covid pandemic. I doubt there were many construction sites, if any at all, working to capacity.
I think it had an effect for sure. But I don't think you could say they were put back alot, certainly not years IMHO.

To answer some of the calls out yesterday, I worked in planning so I do know what I am talking about if you have a master plan for the development the roads and transport connections can be made ahead of time instead of trying to retrofit them in after they have decided what is going in on the Collar site. But the way city are doing the Collar site is hindering transport connections as you have to try and fix the transport connection after the development is done which is miles harder to do, to make it clear no one is asking city to tell us what they are building in the development

Regarding the hydro at no point did say all the hotels were built at the same time, but there would have been some kind of plan for what was getting built over a certain time frame.

All I was trying to say was to release some kind of plans that are in place for the overall site that would also help with transport issues at the site

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.