Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

But if the arena is bringing in thousands 15 to 20 times a month. Surely its worth someone opening up a pub restaurant nearby?

It’s probably not, what with the cost of rent, business rates, gas and electricity, produce, meat, food ingredients, staff wages, etc. Restaurants, pubs and bars are closing daily across the UK. Saying that, pubs, bars and restaurants in the city centre always look busy and seem to be doing well, which is probably down to the ever growing young and affluent city centre population, which hasn’t spread to Holt Town and Brunswick yet. The young and affluent city centre population is slowly creeping closer to the Etihad.

The fact that Tesla has opened up a car dealership next to the Etihad is another good sign of confidence in the area.

Designed by Hodder + Partners and approved in 2021, Brunswick Mill will provide a mix of one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments across two phases.

The first part of the Bradford Road project to come forward will be the conversion of the existing mill building.

The second phase will see four- and seven-storey new-build elements built to provide the remaining 127 homes.

1707866405946.jpeg

As Lexstar pointed out, all the bars and restaurants in the Coop Live Arena will be open before and after the performances.

Going back to the Brunswick Mill redevelopment. That would be perfect for me given a change in my current and personal circumstances. (I couldn’t commit to buying an apartment just yet) Close to the city centre, close to the Etihad, and I prefer old buildings redeveloped into apartments that retain their original features.

Apart from on match days there’s not much call or footfall for new pubs, bars or restaurant close to the ground. The closest cluster of bars and restaurants is in New Islington and Ancoats. I‘m sure City are happy about that.

It will be interesting to see what the plans for the Collar site are, and if the proposed leisure destination is still being brought forward to cater for leisure, bars, restaurants, etc.

Bar the pubs that are close to the ground, I don’t see anyone else taking a punt on a pub, bar or restaurants close to the ground. It’s pretty much dead money, with little or no return or profit apart from home games.
Plus the Arena will be open every day, not sure how many bars or food outlets but they will be open, plus the new City Square will also be open none match day AND whatever is in the new hotel...so plenty of choice.

The grey area regarding MCFC revenue for me is the North Stand Development. The hotel, fanzone and facilities and enclosed area are all I would expect to add to revenue.

The inconsistency is in what constitutes revenue where the stadium and facilities are not directly linked to football? Yet another can of worms yet to open.
The profits on the hotel/City Square go directly to City.

Plus the Arena will be open every day, not sure how many bars or food outlets but they will be open, plus the new City Square will also be open none match day AND whatever is in the new hotel...so plenty of choice.

Yes, there’s no need to traipse around the local area looking for a bog standard pub. No offence intended, but we know what the local pubs are like around the ground.

Wait to you see the Bentley room !!!

I won’t ever get to see the Bentley room apart from images and a short video.

I can imagine almost every Director, Pep, the players have bought a hospitality box and or a hospitality pakage at the Coop Live Arena.

You can just imagine what the hospitality offering is going to be like at the expanded North stand if the Coop Live Arena is anything to go by.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.