Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The numbers must add up as an alternative. Artists can charge far more for an Arena show than a stadium gig.

Overheads of a big stadium tour are huge compared to an arena tour. Having multiple dates at one venue is much cheaper than travelling round the country.

Why would Take That play 8 dates at the Co Op instead of 3 stadium shows ? The numbers must add up. Liam Gallagher The Killers and The Eagles playing multiple dates when they could have done stadium shows. Pearl Jam playing Spurs stadium but then choose the Co-Op for the next date.

And this is where the game will change. Make the fans come to the artist instead of going to them.

A residency becomes a destination event - and the Co Op has the facilities to cater for a lot more than just the gig.

Very few artists could do a major residency lasting weeks - but tell me how many bands have played multiple dates at the AO in recent years compared to what we are seeing for June at the Co Op.

The landscape is changing.

Plus indoor live shows are so much better.

The Acoustics for one where it all stays under the roof.

Someone may get to do it but will probably bottle it last minute...
New trending GIF tagged shocked adele surprised james… | Trending Gifs
She would defo bottle a stadium tour. But much more comfortable in Arenas.

A good indication of what might be the future is Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.

He agreed a residency 10 years again to play once a month. He’s played over 150 shows there in 10 years since !!

What might seem ridiculous now could well be the future !!!

Thanks for getting in touch about public transport provision to the Co-Op Live Arena which is due to open this April.

I'm aware of the challenges related to the venue's location and capacity and I would like to assure you that Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has been working closely with the Co-op Live Arena on plans around transport to and from the venue.

All parties are working together to limit the impact to the overall transport network. Detailed travel information will be published ahead of the venue opening with a particular focus on public transport services to and from the arena. In support of this, additional capacity has already been introduced on the tram network, with services now operating every six minutes between the city centre and Etihad Campus and additional strengthening planned during events.

I've spoken to TfGM about your suggestion of restoring rail services on the Phillips Park line to help people get to and from the area, and they've advised this isn't an option that's being considered. This is largely due to the fact that it would be difficult to justify the business case and cost involved for such a project purely from an events perspective. There is also nowhere for trains to go at either end of the line and capacity issues across central Manchester on existing infrastructure. The focus will, instead, be on enhancing other public transport, including dedicated bus services. More details will be announced by TfGM and the arena in the coming weeks.

I trust the above proves useful and thanks for taking the time to get in touch and share your feedback.

Andy Burnham

Mayor of Greater Manchester

The numbers must add up as an alternative. Artists can charge far more for an Arena show than a stadium gig.

Overheads of a big stadium tour are huge compared to an arena tour. Having multiple dates at one venue is much cheaper than travelling round the country.

Why would Take That play 8 dates at the Co Op instead of 3 stadium shows ? The numbers must add up. Liam Gallagher The Killers and The Eagles playing multiple dates when they could have done stadium shows. Pearl Jam playing Spurs stadium but then choose the Co-Op for the next date.

And this is where the game will change. Make the fans come to the artist instead of going to them.

A residency becomes a destination event - and the Co Op has the facilities to cater for a lot more than just the gig.

Very few artists could do a major residency lasting weeks - but tell me how many bands have played multiple dates at the AO in recent years compared to what we are seeing for June at the Co Op.

The landscape is changing.

This concept also brings the hotel into play… that’s going to do huge business off the back of the Coop Live. And I assume it’s going to have a similar very upmarket feel to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.