Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Anyone seen a list of what bars and restaurants will actually be in the new arena? As it’s supposedly opening in less than a month surely they should be confirmed by now?

Anyone seen a list of what bars and restaurants will actually be in the new arena? As it’s supposedly opening in less than a month surely they should be confirmed by now?

No list as such. 32 bars, restaurants and lounges. Info on the premium boxes, lounges, suites and bars that have already sold out. The Street is the main bar in the arena.

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

You’ll have that opportunity when City Hall opens. As well as staying inside the covered fanzone. That should ease the rush to pile on Metrolink after the match.
Apart from midweek 8pm kick off games when most public transport shuts down by 11pm in the North. I do miss City Square, at least you could keep dry waiting for the Tram queue to die down. The new bars at the CoOp might allow the same...until they open and charge £10 for a beer !

Spurs currently make a lot more match day revenue than City do.

An aerial shot of Spurs (new) stadium. Bar match day revenue inside the ground, there’s not much else around the ground that generates revenue.

IMG_0739.jpeg

Once the Coop Live Arena and the North stand expansion are up and running the gap in match day and weekday revenue between City and Spurs will start to narrow in City’s favour. Then there is the Collar site, whatever is planned for that?

Last edited:

An aerial shot of Spurs (new) stadium. Bar match day revenue inside the ground, there’s not much else around the ground that generates revenue.

View attachment 111973

Once the Coop Live Arena and the North stand expansion are up and running, the gap in match day and weekday revenue between City and Spurs will start to narrow in City’s favour. Then there is the Collar site, whatever is planned for that?

Spurs make more match day revenue than any other premier club

Spurs make more match day revenue than any other premier club

Not saying it’s correct.

According to this website, Spurs make €135mill(grey) in match day revenue in the 2022/23 season.

IMG_0744.jpeg

View attachment 111973

Once the Coop Live Arena and the North stand expansion are up and running the gap in match day and weekday revenue between City and Spurs will start to narrow in City’s favour. Then there is the Collar site, whatever is planned for that?
The ability to remove the pitch and use that stadium for a multitude of huge events more than makes up for that.

The revenue they get for the NFL is huge alone.

There may be a delay in opening up the Co-Op for City games, there is a lot to complete over the next 9-12 month to get it to a real 'finished' state.

Heard the same and came on here to post what I’d been told this week.

A friend of mine works for a company that provides tradesmen for the works and he told me it’s been beset by problems and more than one of the building companies involved (smaller ones) presumably have gone bust.

I asked him, jokingly, if it would be sorted for May 31st when I go to see the Eagles and he said currently the biggest issue is the lighting and that strips of it are falling down.

Take with a pinch of salt obviously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.