Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

City could extend the car parks backwards, adding extra capacity. It would also give the club a sizeable parcel of land if they ever decided to redevelop the land into something else instead of the car parks

View attachment 111921
I feel the better option would be to build multi story car parks, to have more parking spaces on less land being used..

I feel the better option would be to build multi story car parks, to have more parking spaces on less land being used..

More car parking spots means more congestion around the ground, maybe have an incentive for fans who drive and don't Leave till an hour or 2 after a game is finished? Like discount on food beer % of tickets for concerts at the new arena?

Heard the same and came on here to post what I’d been told this week.

A friend of mine works for a company that provides tradesmen for the works and he told me it’s been beset by problems and more than one of the building companies involved (smaller ones) presumably have gone bust.

I asked him, jokingly, if it would be sorted for May 31st when I go to see the Eagles and he said currently the biggest issue is the lighting and that strips of it are falling down.

Take with a pinch of salt obviously
Desperado indeed ;)

More car parking spots means more congestion around the ground, maybe have an incentive for fans who drive and don't Leave till an hour or 2 after a game is finished? Like discount on food beer % of tickets for concerts at the new arena?
The days of cars around the campus must be coming to an end, all parties need to sort out the public transport system and make it fit for purpose.

Heard the same and came on here to post what I’d been told this week.

A friend of mine works for a company that provides tradesmen for the works and he told me it’s been beset by problems and more than one of the building companies involved (smaller ones) presumably have gone bust.

I asked him, jokingly, if it would be sorted for May 31st when I go to see the Eagles and he said currently the biggest issue is the lighting and that strips of it are falling down.

Take with a pinch of salt obviously
I'm working on this job at the moment, have been for about a month. To say it's a little behind schedule is an under statement - it's not even close. Strips of lighting falling down is not true though, and to be fair doesn't even make sense? Are the lights stuck up with gaffer tape or something? You think they'd use screws these days on a new build. From what I'm told there have been huge delays from the off as you say. Client is adamant it will open on schedule, and it probably will to a fashion - but it's anyone's guess as to how much of it will be fully operational. It will be a great venue once complete though.

I'm working on this job at the moment, have been for about a month. To say it's a little behind schedule is an under statement - it's not even close. Strips of lighting falling down is not true though, and to be fair doesn't even make sense? Are the lights stuck up with gaffer tape or something? You think they'd use screws these days on a new build. From what I'm told there have been huge delays from the off as you say. Client is adamant it will open on schedule, and it probably will to a fashion - but it's anyone's guess as to how much of it will be fully operational. It will be a great venue once complete though.

Fair enough, you definitely speak from a position of experience. He was adamant there was an issue with lighting though - probably dumbed it down for an idiot like me!

Fair enough, you definitely speak from a position of experience. He was adamant there was an issue with lighting though - probably dumbed it down for an idiot like me!
We got 99 problems but the lights ain't one.

Honestly, there are plenty of issues to be resolved, but lights mysteriously falling down are not one of them.

There may be a delay in opening up the Co-Op for City games, there is a lot to complete over the next 9-12 month to get it to a real 'finished' state.
I've been waiting for this TBH, there's no way just given the photos posted on here that it was ever likely to be 100% when the first act is due.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.