Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm working on this job at the moment, have been for about a month. To say it's a little behind schedule is an under statement - it's not even close. Strips of lighting falling down is not true though, and to be fair doesn't even make sense? Are the lights stuck up with gaffer tape or something? You think they'd use screws these days on a new build. From what I'm told there have been huge delays from the off as you say. Client is adamant it will open on schedule, and it probably will to a fashion - but it's anyone's guess as to how much of it will be fully operational. It will be a great venue once complete though.

What's Anneka Rice upto these days?? Maybe she can get the helicopter out again and save the project!!

The staff have to be in there long before the Peter Kay show so they can do their training in the kitchens, bars and restaurants.

Then there’s the test event which will have to be signed off for health and safety reasons. You can’t have a test event with work still going on inside the arena.

They’ve not even got until the Peter Kay show to get the arena ready.
The test event is 20.4.24 - Rick Astley

No doubt. I was thinking more of the public areas.

The South stand expansion wasn’t finished properly before it was opened to the fans.

I’ve been to the flag and banner room on numerous occasions and around the inners of the South stand. I can tell you the finish/snagging is shit. The mens toilet at the back of 115 has never been finished off properly and won’t be .

I hope there isn’t a similar situation when the North stand is finished?

What is it about us and the number 115!

The protective film has been taken off the letters.

PXL-20240331-134559932-MP-2.jpg

img*]

Last edited:
I remember when the south stand opened! There was a huge weed growing out of the concrete bases at the entrance. The attention to detail shown by Laings when handing the stand over was shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.