Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Cutting corners and rushing the finishing, a total and utter &uck up and pure greed to go with it.

I was slaughtered on here last week for suggesting this situation could lead to a disaster.

ALL concerts should be cancelled until this build is 100% finished. Ticket prices are high, the promoters boast of the quality of facilities, all good, but give the punters what they have paid for.
Unfortunately many posters (me included) misunderstood your initial post and then got stuck in about conflating a few delays with the arena bombing (I didn't btw).

When you clarified your point you were spot on. The owners were hugely lucky that the ducting falling didn't happen a few hours later as people could have been seriously injured or even killed. PR bullshit won't cut it now, they must get it fully finished before holding events.

What I don't get is they should know if it's finished for people to attend? Why have people going queuing up for an event then it's cancelled? Who cancelled it and why? Surely they'll have all the tests checks before people attend a venue?!

Seems whoever is in charge of it all is thick as two short planks..
The issue is the two short planks were delayed

Cutting corners and rushing the finishing, a total and utter &uck up and pure greed to go with it.

I was slaughtered on here last week for suggesting this situation could lead to a disaster.

ALL concerts should be cancelled until this build is 100% finished. Ticket prices are high, the promoters boast of the quality of facilities, all good, but give the punters what they have paid for.
Your comments on it not being ready are spot on but what did you expect to happen with this

Manchester and Arenas have had enough disasters, .

Quite right you got slaughtered.

Somebody at OVG, CFG or both got impatient and greedy.

I bet the Co-op are fuming. What a PR disaster for them.
Greed - the root of all evil. I would hasten a guess that OVG and CFG will not be affected by this in the long term. Co-op will be recompensed and the shows will kick off later in the month.

Yes just got home now, we were walking up to the arena when my daughter said it had been cancelled on Twitter, I thought it might be a hoax so we carried on walking until we saw a packed tram on its way back into town.
Not great at all. Seems they were quick to rush booking some top acts in but were always up against it time wise.

So the venue try and justify these stupid prices by giving it the "best in class venue" spiel....
Then not only don't open, they also lose customers their hotel, travel costs and time.
It's disgusting.

The owners should refund every May show immediately.
Best in class means shit to the regular people. It just gives OVG and CFG a chance to charge more and more money to consumers across all there ventures.

Seen the photos in the MEN,
the amount of people filling Joe Mercer way last night,
add to that football supporters coming in/out from the stadium,
going to be absolute chaos.
glad this saturdays concert cancelled,
All we’re hearing is the crowds will be managed, just like the building of the arena has been managed, eh?

In a way I’m hoping it’s chaos so it accelerates improvements in the transport network.

Your comments on it not being ready are spot on but what did you expect to happen with this

Quite right you got slaughtered.
An act due to negligence and greed is unacceptable, I already stated people got the wrong end of the stick in what I said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.