Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Unfortunately many posters (me included) misunderstood your initial post and then got stuck in about conflating a few delays with the arena bombing (I didn't btw).

When you clarified your point you were spot on. The owners were hugely lucky that the ducting falling didn't happen a few hours later as people could have been seriously injured or even killed. PR bullshit won't cut it now, they must get it fully finished before holding events.
Thank you, the last thing I meant to imply was a terrorist act.

But it was quite clear corners were been cut with this build, imagine the concert went ahead last night and part of the AC fell on the crowd, the consequences are simply scary to think about.

I hope all involved get together today and make the right decisions going forward, they seemed to get lucky last night thankfully, don't push that luck too far.

Seen the photos in the MEN,
the amount of people filling Joe Mercer way last night,
add to that football supporters coming in/out from the stadium,
going to be absolute chaos.
glad this saturdays concert cancelled,
Different times though.

Seen the photos in the MEN,
the amount of people filling Joe Mercer way last night,
add to that football supporters coming in/out from the stadium,
going to be absolute chaos.
glad this saturdays concert cancelled,
Pictures were posted on here looking down on the arena and the exits out, it will be utter chaos for a full capacity concert , never mind when there is a game going on.

Pictures were posted on here looking down on the arena and the exits out, it will be utter chaos for a full capacity concert , never mind when there is a game going on.

Will it? It's less than 50% of a football crowd in the same area.

Both at the same time could be an issue but not the arena on its own.

What I don't get is they should know if it's finished for people to attend? Why have people going queuing up for an event then it's cancelled? Who cancelled it and why? Surely they'll have all the tests checks before people attend a venue?!

Seems whoever is in charge of it all is thick as two short planks..
They're claiming it's due to a manufacturing fault in the air con vent which remains to be seen, you can't allow for that if true.

Oak View have put out a statement.

Venue bosses said the issue arose during a soundcheck when a component of the venue's heating and ventilation system separated from the ductwork.

"There was nobody injured. Although we believe this to be an isolated incident caused by a factory defect, we were not able to verify that all similar nozzles were free of such defects," Oak View Group said in a statement.

"In conjunction with wider stakeholders, Oak View Group has made the necessary call to ensure the full safety of all visitors to the venue, and to postpone the performance."

They said independent inspectors would now test all similar nozzles and that organisers would work with music managers and promoters to "limit the impact on the opening season schedule".

"Where necessary, we will identify alternate dates, and will continually reassess to provide fans with sufficient notice regarding imminent shows.

"Should shows be cancelled or rescheduled, fans will be contacted by their point of purchase and offered a full refund where preferred."

Tim Leiweke, chairman and CEO of Oak View Group who developed Co-Op Live in partnership with the City Football Group, said they could not run any event until it was "absolutely safe to do so".

"It was a very unexpected situation but without a doubt the right decision. I deeply apologise for the impact that this has had on ticket holders and fans," Mr Leiweke said.

Will it? It's less than 50% of a football crowd in the same area.

Both at the same time could be an issue but not the arena on its own.
The exits and space around them don't look that great to me but time will tell.

That area will be a total nightmare for foot and road traffic when events clash.

And are they going to have life guards along the canal? I can see a few taking a dip staggering back into Manchester ;)

The factory defect was known shortly after despite dropping 80 ft and no knowledge of what the engineer or fitter did to it.

If it was that obvious why was it still used, or was the wrong size and a botched job, or just not secured? They "believe" it was a factory defect as it is easier to blame 3rd party rather than do any tests or proper investigation before determining the cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.