Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I expected a bit of carnage after the game - first clash between a concert and a game but there were no problems from my perspective. 10 minute queue to get out of the blue car park and at our hotel at Bolton Stadium an hour after we got to the car.
The arena looked great.
Never expected any issues to be honest. By the time we were leaving well after 7pm most concert fans were already there. The trams going towards stadium weren’t full and the foot traffic was small.

I don't think so, it was difficult to know from the tram sorry. Back on Friday for the Peter Kay gig, but will be going in the car this time, so will let you know.
So observations from tonight’s Peter Kay gig:
Getting there: tram was as useless and overcrowded as matchday (although free!), loads of singles too full to get on at Picc (and before some prick accuses me of being idle it was pissing down so I preferred not to get soaked before the gig if that’s ok with everyone).
Getting in: no problems at all, straight in, no Q at 6.50pm
Inside: some things still not really sorted yet, eg no draught beer at many of the bars. Staff trying hard though. Biggest issue (maybe long term?) is toilet capacity, massive Qs for both ladies and gents toilets at the interval, much worse than at Etihad
The gig: enjoyed it but it ran late, he didn’t come on til gone 8.30, meaning we had to duck out during the encore to get pre booked Uber at 10.45. Massive line of black cabs (and Uber pick up) on Rowsley st near the athletics stadium. No road closures we could see. We left too early after gig to judge tram Qs.
Overall the venue is super modern, mainly impressive, some teething issues but I can’t understand why a new facility has nowhere near enough toilets (at least on L1, but it looked the same everywhere).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.