Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I went to see Clapton last Saturday and my biggest concern was the security.

I walked through the scanner with my jacket over my arm and the red light came on. I was told it was too bulky and to put it in the tray that was on the "inside" of the scanner. I was then asked to go through the scanner again, this time the light was green.

The thing is that my phone, keys and wallet were in the jacket which never got independantly checked.

I could have had anything in my jacket.

The same thing happened to my son and all those around us.

Or is it me going over the top after what happened at the arena?
It was the complete opposite for me, last night. They even knew the exact pocket my keys (which had triggered the alert) were in, after I walked through the scanner. Very impressive & thorough. I was generally impressed with the building and staff too. Main gripes for me were: 1. The complete lack of cover when queuing outside to get in. Not much fun when it's raining - shouldn't be too difficult to sort out some sort of temporary canopy. 2. Trams - arriving & departing. Nothing that hasn't already been covered. As someone has already mentioned walking is fine, but not when it's raining. 3. Free drink OR snack - wasn't overwhelming compensation for the previous cancellations. Better than nothing, I guess.

It was the complete opposite for me, last night. They even knew the exact pocket my keys (which had triggered the alert) were in, after I walked through the scanner. Very impressive & thorough. I was generally impressed with the building and staff too. Main gripes for me were: 1. The complete lack of cover when queuing outside to get in. Not much fun when it's raining - shouldn't be too difficult to sort out some sort of temporary canopy. 2. Trams - arriving & departing. Nothing that hasn't already been covered. As someone has already mentioned walking is fine, but not when it's raining. 3. Free drink OR snack - wasn't overwhelming compensation for the previous cancellations. Better than nothing, I guess.
I was entrance D, along Joe Mercer Way the queue was three lengths of the building with 2 being under the overhang of the building, under cover and the mirrored ceiling. The third length was in the open. The queue moved quick and in all, from joining to entry, it was less than 10 mins. At the building entry there were 4 or 5 doors that led to numerous scanners and ticket gates, with plenty of staff. One thing that slowed entry is someone having multiple tickets for companions on their device

Agree with all that.

The one thing I would add is that a helpful steward (who didn't know I was a City fan) kindly explained that the gig would finish at 10:30, whilst pointing to the trams that would be "readily available"

Ultimately it finished around 10:50 and I suspect that the "early leavers" were the only ones to benefit from a relatively punctual tram.

However, as per home matches, we walked back to Piccadilly, and as per home matches, we only spotted three trams going in the same direction.

By the time we got to Piccadilly we'd missed the last train to Hazel Grove so had to get to Stockport and catch the 192.
Not a major problem but it would have been if I still lived in Whaley Bridge

Overall an enjoyable experience, but for the moment I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and assume that the 8:30 start (when we'd been told 8pm) was purely down to teething problems and not just a cynical marketing ploy to make you spend more at the bar and ultimately miss your last train home.
One final thing which I'd forgotten until reading some of the other posts about the security.

When it came to my turn I semi-joked "Come on mate I'm 60 in August"

He laughed and let me through without being scanned or frisked.

Not sure whether I should be grateful or alarmed.

I was entrance D, along Joe Mercer Way the queue was three lengths of the building with 2 being under the overhang of the building, under cover and the mirrored ceiling. The third length was in the open. The queue moved quick and in all, from joining to entry, it was less than 10 mins. At the building entry there were 4 or 5 doors that led to numerous scanners and ticket gates, with plenty of staff. One thing that slowed entry is someone having multiple tickets for companions on their device
Entrance C for us. We arrived around 7pm. The queue started halfway down that side of the arena (another minor gripe, it wasn't totally obvious which entrance you were queuing for) along JM Way, then snaked back and forth a couple of times before we reached a bit of cover from the building overhang. Around 20 minutes of queuing while fully exposed to the elements. It wasn't ridiculously heavy rain last night, thankfully and absolutely fine once we entered the building. It's teething troubles I'm sure, but they just need to consider how to best protect queues from the weather, especially as I believe they're not even at full capacity yet.

One final thing which I'd forgotten until reading some of the other posts about the security.

When it came to my turn I semi-joked "Come on mate I'm 60 in August"

He laughed and let me through without being scanned or frisked.

Not sure whether I should be grateful or alarmed.
Do you not have to walk through the scanners though? Or are they hand scanners only?

Away from the stadium (sorry if already mentioned) what's happening with the space from the homes/flats being demolished around Mary Ds?

Away from the stadium (sorry if already mentioned) what's happening with the space from the homes/flats being demolished around Mary Ds?
Giant expansion of Mary Ds to create citeh world theme park...
They're looking for inspiration for zones and rides if any of the great unwashed of BM have any decent ideas?
I've suggested having a queuing system based around dogshit alley...

Was there last night good venue. Not sure what I expect not one for usually going to gigs etc I wasnt sure what to expect possibly something more but don’t know what. Didn’t have a problem with queues etc very efficient minor issue was the time spent outside not due to people but the snake of barriers. Also thought the signage for food was in the wrong place. Could also do with sorting out the drinking certain drinks are only on certain taps and they do not know what all the drinks options are and won’t go to the other taps to get them for you. So you have to move along the bar.

Still impressive and they will make an absolute bucket of money on this and all the other stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.