Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

2. Trams - arriving & departing. Nothing that hasn't already been covered.
Being as you're on the Forum I'm guessing you're a City supporter - we all know the service is HOPELESS to put it politely.
Currently trying to decide how to get there for The Killers - from the sounds best off walking from town and hoping it isn't bucketing down

Drove in to see Peter Kay last night as I couldn’t be arsed with the train or the tram.
Parked up on someone’s drive on Viking Close and walked across through the campus. I couldn’t believe how quiet it was.
Got to the arena and Queued for about 5-10 mins. no problem with that and I got through smoothly although there was a massive over kill on the number of stewards.
Looking around, it looked like most people had walked in from town or got the tram in.
Massively underwhelmed with the arena inside. Seats were cheap quality and uncomfy. Leg room poor also.
I managed to get into corporate for the second half which was marginally better, but not by a lot.
Looking at the CGI’s i was expecting the ‘wow’ factor but came away pretty disappointed.
I can’t say the auditorium is any different than the AO.
On a side note Peter Kay is over his health issues, but they quite clearly they have taken a huge toll on him. He didn’t look well at all. Big elephant in the room. He looked a husk of his former self.

Last edited:
Drove in to see Peter Kay last night as I couldn’t be arsed with the train or the tram.
Parked up on someone’s drive on Viking Close and walked across through the campus. I couldn’t believe how quiet it was.
Got to the arena and Queued for about 5-10 mins. no problem with that and I got through smoothly although there was a massive over kill on the number of stewards.
Looking around, it looked like most people had walked in from town or got the tram in.
Massively underwhelmed with the arena inside. Seats were cheap quality and uncomfy. Leg room poor also.
I managed to get into corporate for the second half which was marginally better, but not by a lot.
Looking at the CGI’s i was expecting the ‘wow’ factor but came away pretty disappointed.
I can’t say the auditorium is any different than the AO.
On a side note Peter Kay is over his health issues, but they quite clearly they have taken a huge toll on him. He didn’t look well at all. Big elephant in the room. He looked a husk of his former self.
The stewards "overkill" was the right thing to do as everyone coming in was new to the venue some may even be new to tap to enter surely having too many is better than too few?

Can agree with any of that about the arena, thought it was really good the seats were fine and plenty of leg room where I was top tier back row. I do think though that the gap between the seats on the lower row and the edge of the concrete is an accident waiting to happen, would be so easy to slip a foot down and injury yourself. No adverts spoiling the vista and the most important thing was the acoustics were top not notch
Don't know what the wow factor would be in the bowl, would expect that to be in the corporate rooms Compared to the AO then its auditorium is not designed for sports like ice hockey so, more square than rectangle consequently there isn't the distance factor from the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.