Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

For the benefit of those who quoted me in their replies on this topic, I have already conceded to JRB and others that this idea of a home end has some merits and that the intentions of those in dialogue with the Club are meritous. But I have some genuine reservations over the nature of the consultation that's going on at the moment. In all honesty how many people genuinely can say that they speak on behalf of hundreds of other supporters or that they are in reality putting forward an opinion based on their own position or their mates. It isn't a criticism by the way its just human nature. Yes I concede I don't speak on behalf of the whole of the North Stand per se but you can bet that if this scenario was put to that part of the ground there would be wholesale rejection and that's human nature too. Its this latter point that makes me think in the end it will all become to difficult for the Club to manage expectations. Another genuine question is in reality just how many supporters would actually make the move. The reason I ask is for many supporters the attraction in the South Stand is being near the away fans is part of the theatre of the day. Indeed I have first hand experience of this as my Season Ticket used to be in 116. If rail seating/safe standing was put in the South Stand wouldn't that go some way toward achieving what would be for some the Holy Grail a true home end populated by like minded supporters, who by the way, already stand in that area. My final point is this and is aimed at those who say supporters in the North Stand should just give way to progress and allow this to happen. This isn't a comparatively small exercise involving a couple of hundred supporters making way for a new corporate offering. We are talking about thousands, yes thousands of families, who would be expected to transfer to other areas of the ground without any guarantee that they would be able to sit together as families. Do you not concede that they are entitled to some form of consultation on this. Hopefully the Club can come up with something that satisfies everyone without the need to upset anyone and I genuinely hope supporters like the 1894 group and others will make the most of what might be on offer. For what its worth I have decided not to write to the Club, I've had enough of being a torch bearer for others in my past guises, i'll simply roll with whatever the outcome is.

Stop moaning and go with the flow.

its probably not the best example, but arsenal today have all the home fans stood up next to the away fans, but its also the same at the opposite end. surely we could have something like that. keep the south stand as it is and also have a home end in the north stand.

its probably not the best example, but arsenal today have all the home fans stood up next to the away fans, but its also the same at the opposite end. surely we could have something like that. keep the south stand as it is and also have a home end in the north stand.

Exactly. What is to stop all the people who like to wave their arms at away supporters, from staying where they are & build a new standing area at the other end ?

I really don't think it matters, We have home fans either side of the away and we complain about atmosphere, you have just said Arsenal have fans next to the away and Arsenal aren't know for their atmosphere. It isn't as if, if our home end was opposite the away fans we couldn't hear them. Much more important to design the new stand to get all our vocal support together and design it so the acoustics carry. Went on a visit to Bayern and the whole stadium is designed acoustically 12 of us on the tour shouted and clapped and it echoed around the ground.
As for having both ends , It would just dilute it I don't think we have enough 'vocal' fans to fill both ends, those that want to be next to away fans will probably stay but I don't think we should encourage it.

I really don't think it matters, We have home fans either side of the away and we complain about atmosphere, you have just said Arsenal have fans next to the away and Arsenal aren't know for their atmosphere. It isn't as if, if our home end was opposite the away fans we couldn't hear them. Much more important to design the new stand to get all our vocal support together and design it so the acoustics carry. Went on a visit to Bayern and the whole stadium is designed acoustically 12 of us on the tour shouted and clapped and it echoed around the ground.
As for having both ends , It would just dilute it I don't think we have enough 'vocal' fans to fill both ends, those that want to be next to away fans will probably stay but I don't think we should encourage it.

im not just on about the atmosphere though. Im just saying we could easily do the same and have two singing/home ends. i agree we need to design a stand where acoustics carry. i dont agree with your last point about not having enough vocal fans. spurs are getting a 17,000 home end ? everton are getting a kop. villa have the holte end. are you telling me all those clubs can fill huge home ends and we can't ??? the kippax ?

also obviously there is no guarantee that all the fans in a north stand extension would sing either. but we could easily fill it in my opinion.

im not just on about the atmosphere though. Im just saying we could easily do the same and have two singing/home ends. i agree we need to design a stand where acoustics carry. i dont agree with your last point about not having enough vocal fans. spurs are getting a 17,000 home end ? everton are getting a kop. villa have the holte end. are you telling me all those clubs can fill huge home ends and we can't ??? the kippax ?

also obviously there is no guarantee that all the fans in a north stand extension would sing either. but we could easily fill it in my opinion.
They can fill them, doesn't mean it will be full of singers. The Kippax? did you never take a look down the North Stand end, made todays arm folding moaners look like the life and sole. I think a lot are misremembering Maine Road, the atmosphere there could be as dull as dishwater the Kippax wasn't always the bouncing stand you seem to think it was the further you got from the Platt lane end.

They can fill them, doesn't mean it will be full of singers. The Kippax? did you never take a look down the North Stand end, made todays arm folding moaners look like the life and sole. I think a lot are misremembering Maine Road, the atmosphere there could be as dull as dishwater the Kippax wasn't always the bouncing stand you seem to think it was the further you got from the Platt lane end.

i never said it would be full of singers or bouncing every week. I literally just gave an example in arsenal where there are two ends opposite to each other that are both stood up. i.e. what we could do. my main point wasnt focused on atmosphere. i mentioned the kippax because you said 'I don't think we have enough 'vocal' fans to fill both ends'. the kippax being an example of a huge vocal area that we filled.

we need a an area ( home end) it might not be amazing or full of singers, but it would be miles better then what we have now.

For the benefit of those who quoted me in their replies on this topic, I have already conceded to JRB and others that this idea of a home end has some merits and that the intentions of those in dialogue with the Club are meritous. But I have some genuine reservations over the nature of the consultation that's going on at the moment. In all honesty how many people genuinely can say that they speak on behalf of hundreds of other supporters or that they are in reality putting forward an opinion based on their own position or their mates. It isn't a criticism by the way its just human nature. Yes I concede I don't speak on behalf of the whole of the North Stand per se but you can bet that if this scenario was put to that part of the ground there would be wholesale rejection and that's human nature too. Its this latter point that makes me think in the end it will all become to difficult for the Club to manage expectations. Another genuine question is in reality just how many supporters would actually make the move. The reason I ask is for many supporters the attraction in the South Stand is being near the away fans is part of the theatre of the day. Indeed I have first hand experience of this as my Season Ticket used to be in 116. If rail seating/safe standing was put in the South Stand wouldn't that go some way toward achieving what would be for some the Holy Grail a true home end populated by like minded supporters, who by the way, already stand in that area. My final point is this and is aimed at those who say supporters in the North Stand should just give way to progress and allow this to happen. This isn't a comparatively small exercise involving a couple of hundred supporters making way for a new corporate offering. We are talking about thousands, yes thousands of families, who would be expected to transfer to other areas of the ground without any guarantee that they would be able to sit together as families. Do you not concede that they are entitled to some form of consultation on this. Hopefully the Club can come up with something that satisfies everyone without the need to upset anyone and I genuinely hope supporters like the 1894 group and others will make the most of what might be on offer. For what its worth I have decided not to write to the Club, I've had enough of being a torch bearer for others in my past guises, i'll simply roll with whatever the outcome is.
No one has said they speak for hundreds of other supporters, we speak for ourselves and you should too by filling out the survey.
Yes south stand 1 already stand - standing is not the main issue for atmosphere it’s getting singers all together in one place not split up by tiers or away fans.
Family stand issue - it is a great idea for families and young children and I had a season ticket there for 8 years. But because I grew up sitting in silence I never thought it was my job to sing or make any noise and I wouldn’t have if I didn’t go in the south stand for one cup game. As well as being half empty for all but 4 games a season the family stand encourages new kids to be spectators not supporters.
Me and a good few thousand others would move from 115 and SS to a new proper home end and it’s a shame u don’t realise how much of an opportunity this is to improve the atmosphere

Lots of good points on ere not worth falling out though,surely the north stand expansion will be for new and old supporters hopefully bringing their kids or grandkids,also lets hope the club use it as an oppurtunity to get friends and families sitting together..

Lots of good points on ere not worth falling out though,surely the north stand expansion will be for new and old supporters hopefully bringing their kids or grandkids,also lets hope the club use it as an oppurtunity to get friends and families sitting together..

No, it’s for the exact opposite.

It’s already a family Stand and they want to change that and make it a large home end like with the Yellow Wall at Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.