Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

One standing space holds 1.5 people. So in a row of 20 seats there can be 30 people stood
Yes but there is no indication that permission will be given for anything greater than one standing space per seated space. That assumes that permission is given in the first place. The rail seated area at Celtic has the same capacity when standing as when seated.

It is going to be one hell of a job to get permission to bring back standing in the first place. Clubs will obviously be wise to plan any new stands carefully so that rail seating can be retrofitted later. It would be worthwhile over providing means of entry and exit so that the capacity can be increased later if the rules are relaxed.

Here's a question for those that think there might be 1.5 standing fans per seat (I can't see this ever being permitted regardless of it being the case in some German stadia). How does it work based on the following:

If the NS expansion delivers 8000 seats then at a 1.5 ratio that's 12,000 standing at permitted games (league and domestic cups presumably). However for European games there would only be 8000 seated fans. Surely that means one of two things regarding ticketing:

Firstly, 8000 seated seasoncards are issued and for those fans they get all league games and first dibs for cup games. In this case, 4000 standing tickets are available for each official permitted standing game so that every two seasoncard holders will have a different person stood between them each game.

Or

No seasoncards are issued and the entire 8000 or 12,000 tickets are available match by match.

It really wasn't, it was better than the first half mortuary atmosphere, but it was only really at library level.

The problem today was we were brilliant for 5 minutes and didn't score, then we were ordinary (for us) for 15 minutes, so people settled into watch and enjoy mode, then we turned into Pellegrini's team (or worse), and 10 minutes before half time most f**ked off for a pint and a pie.

Once we retook the lead it improved a bit, but it was never very much.

Atmosphere has and always will be largely dictated by the size and importance of the game and the away support.

Why people are surprised a home game against a Bournemouth means the atmosphere is a bit shit i will never know?

Atmosphere has and always will be largely dictated by the size and importance of the game and the away support.

Why people are surprised a home game against a Bournemouth means the atmosphere is a bit shit i will never know?

Yep always been the way, my first game in the 80’s was against Leicester and 0-0 no atmosphere moaning in that game.

Yep always been the way, my first game in the 80’s was against Leicester and 0-0 no atmosphere moaning in that game.

Also no social media for people to moan about every little thing that they think should be different. Been going since the late 60's and while we moaned how crap the team/Steve Daley played we didn't care about the atmosphere because it was what was on the pitch that mattered. Now we're told by some has been/never was on TV that there are empty seats, the crowd is quiet and it's used as a stick to beat us with. The worst thing is the self flagulaters amongst us give it credence and seem to believe we need to do what others expect. If People want to arrive late, leave early, watch the match kick off at half time on TV while they finish there pint so f*cking what. Your dream of a singing end is a delusion as it's not in our culture now, if it ever was. Big tier safe standing won't recreate Charlton at Maine Road, because those of us that made that are old farts, dead or not going anymore. The kiddies that come just argue amongst themselves, just look at the upper tier at Wembley for that, pissed, coked, fighting or asleep. A blue wall..... Dreaming

My intention is to write to the Club as it appears that supporters with the best intentions are sounding out the Club with their ideas that are totally out of context with what the vast majority of other supporters wishes are.

I was going to ask how you managed to speak to all 54,000 odd at the ground but I then read the next bit...

I can tell you that everyone I spoke to today about this was absolutely furious and I've promised them an update as to what the Clubs response is to me.

So that would be the people sat either side of you then?

How do you know that people in the NS haven't been invited or asked for comments by the way?

Exactly !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.