Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Corporate hospitality & the hotel will be hugely complementary as I think a lot of the corporate clients will likely stop over at the hotel rather than town.
On site parking, proximity to Piccadilly Station and an adjacent tram stop plus Coop Live makes it not just an attractive corporate matchday hotel but also as a base to extend their stay in Manchester and bring family.

ASDA in TURMOIL...
The itk retail and business analysts are saying ASDA's decline in market share is truly shocking. Even more shocking is the trend analysis, it looks like melt down and sadly job losses are only one business quarter away. Recovery may include selling off the largest unprofitable sites. I have absolutely no wish for everyone to lose their jobs and hopefully the business can be saved. However if it can't and the Eastlands retail space goes on the market it would be a huge opportunity for the club to acquire the site. Looking on Google earth its obvious it would compete the existing footprint either side of Ashton New Road.
Do we need anymore footprint ? Not sure of anything else we could do apart from a huge bus/coach park to alleviate the nightmare of match day parking. How about a Mega Mary Ds, although I doubt the club would go there. You may have noticed I ain't no property/business development person, but curious what could the club do there ? ...

Last edited:
ASDA in TURMOIL...
The itk retail and business analysts are saying ASDA's decline in market share is truly shocking. Even more shocking is the trend analysis, it looks like melt down and sadly job losses are only one business quarter away. Recovery may include selling off the largest unprofitable sites. I have absolutely no wish for everyone to lose their jobs and hopefully the business can be saved. However if it can't and the Eastlands retail space goes on the market it would be a huge opportunity for the club to acquire the site. Looking on Google earth its obvious it would compete the existing footprint either side of Ashton New Road.
Do we need anymore footprint ? Not sure of anything else we could do apart from a huge bus/coach park to alleviate the nightmare of match day parking. How about a Mega Mary Ds, although I doubt the club would go there. You may have noticed I ain't no property/business development person, but curious what could the club do there ? ...
I cannot see ASDA being in much trouble

ASDA in TURMOIL...
Sadly, the club are not in the business of making parking easier, and are actively discouraging car travel. The site would make a great water park / log flume, though.
Maybe they could turn the site into some sort of transport hub as the Metrolink station could become the main site, but they would probably charge 30 quid to park. I can just picture 2 more Nexen bridges!!

I wouldn't put money on that, they've struggled since the Issa brothers bought it from Walmart using leveraged loans.
It’s massive tho there is struggling in terms of market share and then there is struggling enough to warrant selling sites and selling that specific site or worse going bust. Plus the Issa brothers will have a clever plan to merge the two business and cut costs and open to locations synergies as they say

D
Sadly, the club are not in the business of making parking easier, and are actively discouraging car travel. The site would make a great water park / log flume, though.
Maybe they could turn the site into some sort of transport hub as the Metrolink station could become the main site, but they would probably charge 30 quid to park. I can just picture 2 more Nexen bridges!!
Don’t see how city would make money from transport they will more entertainment plans

They did say in the earlier video, using your car would be discouraged, but alternatively using public transport would give you payback. How they work that out, I don't know.

Wasnt it said moons ago that the training campus wasnt actually complete and the plan was for it to be both sides of the new rd.

It’s massive tho there is struggling in terms of market share and then there is struggling enough to warrant selling sites and selling that specific site or worse going bust. Plus the Issa brothers will have a clever plan to merge the two business and cut costs and open to locations synergies as they say
One of the brothers has recently sold his shares to a private equity firm (Issa) and the other (Mohsin) is reckoned to not be up to the job and may be ousted as far as I can see. As well as the leveraged buyout in the first place and their unwillingness to show the books to anyone it puts me in mind of that scruffy lot down the road.

Private equity firms are all about profit so if a store isn't pulling it's weight then they will cut it lose. I have no idea how the one at the Etihad performs but it is ridiculously big and must have huge overheads. Never forget as well, that the Sheikh and his people know everybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.