Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

For some reason I still think we’ll end up in a new stadium in the next 15 years or so.

I guess the longer it goes on though that they’ll be less and less space on the campus site.

The ideal place would be where the athletics stadium is at the moment:

DL00115246_uxga.jpg

When I look at the internals of the Spurs’ new stadium the Etihad is miles behind. There was a chance to evolve with the new South Stand but the level of finish inside is absolutely miles behind what Spurs have built and what we have isn’t going to be a good look in 20 years or so.

Ps

Think they’ll stop at the new North Stand and it’ll look very similar to this:

520-C4-C52-66-FE-4-AF2-AFF4-3-B3-E5-FDB6852.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I still think we’ll end up in a new stadium in the next 15 years or so.

I guess the longer it goes on though that they’ll be less and less space on the campus site.

The ideal place would be where the athletics stadium is at the moment:

DL00115246_uxga.jpg

When I look at the internals of the Spurs’ new stadium the Etihad is miles behind. There was a chance to evolve with the new South Stand but the level of finish inside is absolutely miles behind what Spurs have built and what we have isn’t going to be a good look in 20 years or so.

Ps

Think they’ll stop at the new North Stand and it’ll look very similar to this:

520-C4-C52-66-FE-4-AF2-AFF4-3-B3-E5-FDB6852.jpg

We'll get pissed wet through....!!!

walking it from Etihad to Ashton West tram-stop takes 70 minutes, not a bad walk except when its raining hard

I must have done it 8-9 times last season. Several times I got nearly to Audenshaw before the 1st tram heading east passed me, that's how shite that service is...
The Metrolink service post-game for the Etihad is an absolute piss take!

I’ve emailed TFGM and they don’t care. They sent me back an email saying; “we are proud of our service and have worked hard to make it work how it does”. Or some other bollocks.

Add another 8000 or whatever to the capacity and for night games people going back to Alty won’t be able to get on a Met at all.

As a regular Met user the main issue is capacity, or lack of. Metrolink simply don’t put enough trams on after games which leaves hundreds if not more queuing for up to an hour after the game, unless you leave early. That will need addressing if they expand the stadium further.
Was talking to one of the Metrolink stewards about the shite service after a match recently. He was bragging about the number of double trams they had provided about 15 mins earlier and how small the queues were. Told him that I couldn't get there 15 mins before because I was watching the match.

For some reason I still think we’ll end up in a new stadium in the next 15 years or so. I guess the longer it goes on though that they’ll be less and less space on the campus site. The ideal place would be where the athletics stadium is at the moment:

I think that the Spurs stadium could well be the catalyst for Abu Dhabi to think about resurrecting their plan for a new stadium. If so, it'll be on the North Car Park site, which is where they planned to build one originally, soon after the takeover. It would be around a maximum 75k capacity. The other potential site was where the CFA now is so that's obviously out now. There were pilot plans drawn up for both sites if my information is correct.

I can't really remember exactly but think the issue that killed that plan was either the financial or legal impact of getting out of the lease on the current stadium. Even though the lease was for 250 years, the useful life of the stadium was 50 years tops and we're a third of the way into that now.

I think that the Spurs stadium could well be the catalyst for Abu Dhabi to think about resurrecting their plan for a new stadium. If so, it'll be on the North Car Park site, which is where they planned to build one originally, soon after the takeover. It would be around a maximum 75k capacity. The other potential site was where the CFA now is so that's obviously out now. There were pilot plans drawn up for both sites if my information is correct.

I can't really remember exactly but think the issue that killed that plan was either the financial or legal impact of getting out of the lease on the current stadium. Even though the lease was for 250 years, the useful life of the stadium was 50 years tops and we're a third of the way into that now.

It would be exciting to have a brand new stadium but does Sheikh Monsour's desire for us to be self sufficient mean he would not put more of his own money into such a project?

It would be exciting to have a brand new stadium but does Sheikh Monsour's desire for us to be self sufficient mean he would not put more of his own money into such a project?
Well he could just look at the video of the nice, shiny, new stadium & then next day, put the price of oil up. Stadium paid for in a week.....

I thought the issue with the existing stadium was that it is owned by Sport England(?) and they refused to sell it when asked and presumably wouldn't want it demolished? Or perhaps it was the council who actually get the rent that turned us down?

Edit: strangely I remember both being true which can't be right, I'll blame it on my age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.