Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

What about those that live Ashton way.
It stills not far, you just might be going in the wrong direction lol
Like that one lol. Seriously though, any stadium expansion will only exacerbate existing pfoblems. I myself want the site developed as much as possible but the transport services need addressing. I have the Metro season ticket, but because I stay to the end it makes use of the fast lane futile. So I myself walk back to town and pick the tram up from there. But that's because it's quicker than queueing. It's been mentioned before but if possible lay extra trams on to get folk away quicker.
I know its crackers .We have a tram stop next to the ground but people walk to town cos it quicker .Surley something could be worked out on match days where extra trams are laid on .You are correct though expansion will make the transport service worse

walking it from Etihad to Ashton West tram-stop takes 70 minutes, not a bad walk except when its raining hard

I must have done it 8-9 times last season. Several times I got nearly to Audenshaw before the 1st tram heading east passed me, that's how shite that service is...
It doesn't make sense does it

For those that don't know, there's a walkway which starts next to the entrance to the tram (Ashton side) at City Square. It follows the tram track down the hill into Ancoats. Then simply turn right on Gt Ancoats St and you're as good as in Picadilly. The whole stroll is appx 30-40 minutes? I've never timed it but it can't be that far off. That's got to be better than standing around like a lemon for a similar amount of time waiting to get on a packed tram and paying for the privelege.

tOPhoxa.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.