Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

When you see what being done with some stadiums: Spurs, that Barça video^, Juventus and Bilbao:

Makes the outside architecture of ours look very basic with printed billboard images plastered to the outside of the stadium as well, makes it look very poor compared to what’s out there.

This looks very impressive:
etihad-expansion-2.jpg

But this sort of thing encasing it looks really cheap:
CfCan5X.jpg

(this is an old snap but it’s the same sort of thing all over the stadium now)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you see what being done with some stadiums: Spurs, that Barça video^, Juventus and Bilbao:

Makes the outside architecture of ours look very basic with printed billboard images plastered to the outside of the stadium as well, makes it look very poor compared to what’s out there.

This looks very impressive:
etihad-expansion-2.jpg

But this sort of thing encasing it looks really cheap:
CfCan5X.jpg

(this is an old snap but it’s the same sort of thing all over the stadium now)

Wasn't there talk a while back of doing some Allianz-style cladding to the outside?

Wasn't there talk a while back of doing some Allianz-style cladding to the outside?
Not sure mate. Would be great if there was a revamp of the outside of the stadium. Make it more classy looking rather than a teenager’s bedroom poster wall.

Not sure mate. Would be great if there was a revamp of the outside of the stadium. Make it more classy looking rather than a teenager’s bedroom poster wall.
Would you like some fountains or maybe some roman arches and pillars or maybe something gotic, its a football stadium, its what goes on inside that matters. Your mixing it up with furniture :-).

I think the stadium looks fine. I am not sure the majority of the fans are that bothered about what the outside of the stadium looks like. The Alianz Arena looks likes a fancy colour lampshade to me . Ie taste is all in the eye of the beholder. As long as we are doing our talking on the pitch I don't think we as fans should be getting too precious about what the outside looks like.

I think the stadium looks fine. I am not sure the majority of the fans are that bothered about what the outside of the stadium looks like. The Alianz Arena looks likes a fancy colour lampshade to me . Ie taste is all in the eye of the beholder. As long as we are doing our talking on the pitch I don't think we as fans should be getting too precious about what the outside looks like.
I imagine it’s more the owners that want a stadium that fits their vision of the club. Everything they have done so far in ten years is delivering the absolute best, apart from the stadium. Personally I like the stadium, but when you see spurs new ground or athleticos I imagine they see one of the final pieces to deliver.

Would you like some fountains or maybe some roman arches and pillars or maybe something gotic, its a football stadium, its what goes on inside that matters. Your mixing it up with furniture :-).
I’m thinking of a wider angle, coming from the architecture of the city, rather than from a football point of view.

Bilbao is a city that has some very nice architecture and their stadium fits in perfectly with the rest of the city.

Manchester was once coined “the Florence of the North”, we have some fantastic architecture across the city yet you look at our stadium and it’s not great. Looks okay from a long way away in the air, maybe, but up close from the foot fall of the outside of the stadium it’s not really what you’d imagine it would be like when you look at how the rest of the business has shot up to world class/world leading.

Even just take a look at the floor on a rainy day on the walk round the outside of the stadium. The floor areas are so full of uneven surfaces and pot holes that there are giant puddles everywhere.

And like my image above, I’ve just never been keen on the posters on the stadium. I think in this day and age clean looking minimalist looks are better than slapping loads of images in things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine it’s more the owners that want a stadium that fits their vision of the club. Everything they have done so far in ten years is delivering the absolute best, apart from the stadium. Personally I like the stadium, but when you see spurs new ground or athleticos I imagine they see one of the final pieces to deliver.

I reckon the owners will be OK if we win the Champs League

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.