Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I imagine it’s more the owners that want a stadium that fits their vision of the club. Everything they have done so far in ten years is delivering the absolute best, apart from the stadium. Personally I like the stadium, but when you see spurs new ground or athleticos I imagine they see one of the final pieces to deliver.
Well who am I to argue with the owners! That's a he'll of alot of money just to spend to get a better looking stadium mind.

Well who am I to argue with the owners! That's a he'll of alot of money just to spend to get a better looking stadium mind.
Agreed, no idea how these things are even paid for to be honest. I’m presuming that a fancy new stadium would cost up to a billion quid based on spurs ground, so not exactly loose change.

If we are going to improve/expand the stadium it would be nice to have some input from the fans regarding our requirements and wishes.
Personally I would like the stadium footprint expanding in order to accommodate larger bar areas. It would be possible to replicate the atmosphere in Mary D's in large fan zones within the ground. It's got to be inside to generate noise. This would attract young fans to the club.

Don't be silly. It is not old trafford or villa park. The stadium is fine. Viewing is great from whichever seat. Access and exit is not the problem some would have you believe, of course you can improve, and should strive to do so.
The North Stand extension, alongside a general refurbishment, will result in an enviable stadium, and as the general area is upgraded( uni, rugby, new indoor stadium), more attractions will mean an upgrade in the collar site.

Completely New stadium, dream on.

If we are going to improve/expand the stadium it would be nice to have some input from the fans regarding our requirements and wishes.
Personally I would like the stadium footprint expanding in order to accommodate larger bar areas. It would be possible to replicate the atmosphere in Mary D's in large fan zones within the ground. It's got to be inside to generate noise. This would attract young fans to the club.

They already sent out surveys to season ticket holders, held meetings and discussed things the appointed members as well.

People going on about the exterior of the stadium is shit and a more modern is the way forward I do get , but if you are a young fan then to see your heroes 60foot high as you walk to the ground you would be buzzing. As a kid the buzz you got seeing Main Rd sometimes was better than the game. Unless you are worsleywebs kids the architecture will not float your boat.

People going on about the exterior of the stadium is shit and a more modern is the way forward I do get , but if you are a young fan then to see your heroes 60foot high as you walk to the ground you would be buzzing. As a kid the buzz you got seeing Main Rd sometimes was better than the game. Unless you are worsleywebs kids the architecture will not float your boat.
Compare our stadium now to the heap that was Maine Rd, and as a kid I used to think that was such an amazing place.

The Etihad is a great stadium, surpassed as an English club ground only by the Emirates and Spurs, but if we do the North Stand, then we'll overtake them. I don't care about the concourse. It's a place I walk through to get to my seat. As for the design, well it beats most of the generic bowls that most modern stadium resemble. Spurs ground from the outside is boring, and I don't particularly like it. I much prefer our stadium from the outside. Inside, the two seating set-ups are quite similar though Spurs has the edge.

Compare our stadium now to the heap that was Maine Rd, and as a kid I used to think that was such an amazing place.

The Etihad is a great stadium, surpassed as an English club ground only by the Emirates and Spurs, but if we do the North Stand, then we'll overtake them. I don't care about the concourse. It's a place I walk through to get to my seat. As for the design, well it beats most of the generic bowls that most modern stadium resemble. Spurs ground from the outside is boring, and I don't particularly like it. I much prefer our stadium from the outside. Inside, the two seating set-ups are quite similar though Spurs has the edge.
I'm sure Spurs' new stadium will be great, but I had to laugh at the BBC coverage who said the beer delivery system stole the show. In the video there was spilt beer all over the countertops, it looked a right mess.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47687411

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.