Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Compare our stadium now to the heap that was Maine Rd, and as a kid I used to think that was such an amazing place.

The Etihad is a great stadium, surpassed as an English club ground only by the Emirates and Spurs, but if we do the North Stand, then we'll overtake them. I don't care about the concourse. It's a place I walk through to get to my seat. As for the design, well it beats most of the generic bowls that most modern stadium resemble. Spurs ground from the outside is boring, and I don't particularly like it. I much prefer our stadium from the outside. Inside, the two seating set-ups are quite similar though Spurs has the edge.

I took a Dutch friend to the ground for a game recently - he's a Feyenoord fan, and De Kuip is certainly a proper football stadium. He loved the Etihad, thought it was hugely impressive, yet still genuinely a football ground. Sometimes I think we just moan for the sake of it. Are there things that could be better? Sure there are - and the Spurs fans will soon find things to complain about as well. Is it a terrific ground? Yes it is.

I took a Dutch friend to the ground for a game recently - he's a Feyenoord fan, and De Kuip is certainly a proper football stadium. He loved the Etihad, thought it was hugely impressive, yet still genuinely a football ground. Sometimes I think we just moan for the sake of it. Are there things that could be better? Sure there are - and the Spurs fans will soon find things to complain about as well. Is it a terrific ground? Yes it is.
I am sure Spurs fans are really excited at the moment. They are nine years old and it's Christmas night.

But we're in danger of taking stuff for granted. We've got a great stadium too, with developments possibly in the pipeline, and out team is deep into mission impossible

De Kuip is a lovely ground went a few years ago with friends and met friends of ours who come over to City regularly.

Great stadium and facilities

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.